Nina V. Zaitseva
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State National Research University
Faculty of Biology
Department of Human Ecology and Life Safety
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1969 – Perm State Medical Institute, Faculty of Hygiene and Sanitation, specialty “Sanitation”.
1971 – Clinical Studies, Department of Communal Hygiene, Perm State Medical Institute.
Academic Degrees and Titles
1974 – Candidate of Medicine, I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
1984 – Doctor of Medicine, A.N. Sysin Research Institute of General and Communal Hygiene, the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR.
1985 – Professor.
2000 – Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Department of Preventive Medicine (specialty “Human Ecology”).
2000 – Meritorious Scientist of the Russian Federation.
Stages of Professional Career
1971-1984 – Senior Research Engineer, Senior Scientist, Senior Teacher, Reader, Assistant, Perm State Technical University.
1984-1996 – Professor, Department of Environmental Protection, Perm State Technical University.
1996-2009 – Director, Perm Krai Research Institute of Child Ecopathology.
2009 – present time – Director, Federal Scientific Centre for Medical Preventive Technologies of Health Risk Management, Federal Service for Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare.
2009 – present time – Head of Department of Human Ecology and Life Safety, Perm State National Research University.
Membership in Scientific Councils and other State and Public Associations
Member of Dissertation Council D: 208.067.04, Perm State Medical Academy.
Expert of the Russian Federation in the system of accreditation based on the risk estimation.
Member of the High Ecological Council, the State Duma, the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation.
Member of Presidium of the All-Russian Scientific Medical Society of Hygienists and Sanitary Officers.
Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences and the Russian Ecological Academy, Editorial Board member of the Journals “I.I. Mechnikov Saint-Petersburg State Medical Academy Herald”, “Family Health”, “Zdorove naseleniya i sreda obitaniya” and “Human Ecology Journal”, Perm Medical Journal “Perm University Herald”, series “Biology”.
Chairman of Commission on Health and Environmental Protection of the Perm Region Public Chamber.
Member of Presidium of the “Association of Research and Innovation institutions and enterprises of the Perm region”.
Permanent member of federal working groups for development of methodic materials of social and hygienic monitoring, health risk estimation and management.
Expert of the International Programmes for Ecopathology and Environmental Monitoring (the USA, Germany, Italy, Austria).
Management of Research Projects
1. 2010 – Grant of Russian Foundation for Basic Research 10-06-00328-a “Regularities of social and economic risk factor influence on the health of factory workers”.
2. 2010 – Grant of Russian Scientific Foundation for the Humanities 10-06-82619a/U “Peculiarities of health risk perception in the Perm Region”.
Participation in International Projects
1. 1992 – Europe-Russia. Programme BISTRO “Assessment of metal influence on the child health in the Kolpino Region” jointly with the scientists of Free University of Brussels, Belgium.
2. 1998 – Project ROLL (the USA Agency for International Development) “Health risk estimation considering water and air pollution in Perm”.
3. 1998 – Project ROLL (the USA Agency for International Development) “Economic aspects of air pollution risks for human health: case study of Perm”.
Current Research Activities
The sphere of scientific interests: diagnostics of environmental and hygienic estimation of territory status and population health, development of criteria and methods of management and ways of minimisation of environmental and economic health risk. Development of general theoretical and methodological fundamentals of Human Ecology, including interdisciplinary relations – Social Hygiene, Public Health Organisation, Environmental Hygiene, Ecology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Clinical Medicine and Economics. Analysis of difficult ecological and economic cases concerning hazardous production facilities placement, evacuation of population from the risky area. The results of the research were used in the development of 6 regional laws, 8 regional complex target programmes including “Children of the Kama Region”, “Public Health of the Kama Region”, “Environmental Safety of the Urals”, Public Health of Russia“, “Medical and environmental rehabilitation of the Perm Region territory and population”, “Environmental protection in the Perm Region”, etc. The hygienic regulations for harmful substances content in the environmental objects were developed, as well as the scientific bases and methodological approaches to organisation and planning of experiments, prognostication of substance toxicity and danger rates based on experimental and mathematical modeling. Over 100 substances in the environmental objects were classified according to the maximum permissible concentration; new ways of identification were developed for over 40 substances in bio-mediums. The new developing scientific programme which is Medical and Environmental Rehabilitation of the Population in the Environmentally Problem Areas includes investigation of theoretical and methodological bases of medical and environmental rehabilitation of the population living in the extreme stressful environment. The investigation resulted in the acquisition of unique data for diagnostics and correction of ecological maladjustment cases and ecological or endemic child pathology. Over 30 types and technologies of diagnostics, prevention, treatment and correction, including immune correction, of the environmentally determined child status were developed. Committee of the Russian Federation for Patents and Trademarks has granted a priority to a series of developed procedures. The total amount of patents is 55, for the past 5 years have been registered 4 patents.
Academic and other Awards
2000 – “Meritorious Scientist of the Russian Federation”.
1987 – Medal “Veteran of Work”.
1985 – Badge of the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education of the USSR.
2005 – Silver medal of I. Pavlov Russian academy of Natural Sciences “For Development of Medicine and Public Health”.
2003 – Prize of V.A. Ryazanov Academy of Medical and Technical Sciences.
2006 – Certificate of Honour of the Presidium of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences.
2009 – “Honorary Citizen of the Perm Region”.
2006 – Badge “Coat of Arms of the Perm Region”.
2009 – Certificate of Honour of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Development.
Total Number of Publications
Scientific articles – 664.
Monographs – 13.
Study Guides – 5.
Patents, inventor's certificates –55.
Scientific discovery – 1.
1. Zaitseva N.V. , Onishchenko G.G. , Rakhmanin Y.A. , Zemlyanova M.A. Scientific and methodological aspects of ensuring of population hygienic safety in conditions of chemical influence: monograph / N.V. Zaitseva, G.G. Onishchenko, Y.A. Rakhmanin, M.A. Zemlyanova. Moscow: International Publishing Group “Medical Book”, 2004. 392 p.
2. Zaitseva N.V., Rakhmanin Y.A., Shur P.Z. Scientific, methodological and economic aspects of regional problem solving in the sphere of Environmental Medicine // Russian Journal of Hygiene and Sanitation. 2005. № 6. (In Russian)
3. Zaitseva N.V., Ulanova T.S., Karnazhitskaya T.D., Teploukhova N.V. Detection of sterol in blood by high-yield liquid chromatography method // Russian Journal of Hygiene and Sanitation. 2005. № 4. (In Russian)
4. Zaitseva N.V., Ustinova O.Y., Verikhov B.V. Osteopenic syndrome in the children of the Perm Region // Russian Journal of Human Ecology. 2007. № 4. (In Russian)
5. Zaitseva N.V., Zemlyanova M.A., Akatova A.A. Epidemiological, clinical and clinic-laboratorial peculiarities of bronchial asthma nosogenesis and further disease course in the children with endemic goiter in the area impacted by anthropogenic chemical factors: monograph / N.V. Zaitseva, M.A. Zemlyanova, A.A. Akatova. Perm: Publishing House “Presstime”, 2007. 294 p.
6. Zaitseva N.V., Mai I.V., Shur P.Z., Kiryanov P.A. Methodological approaches and practices of development of regional hygienic regulations for chemical content in the environment in conditions of chronic combined pollution // Vestnik Rossiiskoi voenno-medicinskoi academii. 2008. №. 3. (In Russian)
7. Zaitseva N.V., Ustinova O.Y., Safonova M.A. Hygienic estimation of peculiarities of chronic child gastroduodenitis in the industrialised areas of the Perm Region // Public Health and Environment Journal. 2008. № 11 (188). (In Russian)
8. Zaitseva N.V., Akekseev V.B., Zubarev A.Y., Ryzhakov S.A. Scientific and methodological bases of the regional public health system optimisation according to the criteria of structural and economic efficiency (case study of the Perm Region): monograph. Perm: Book format, 2008. 206 p.
9. Zaitseva N.V., Podluzhnaya M.Y., Zubarev A.Y., Zemlyanova M.A. Scientific basis of estimation of chemical risk factors influence on cardiovascular system and modeling of outpatient and polyclinic prevention disease service: monograph / N.V. Zaitseva, M.Y. Podluzhnaya, A.Y. Zubarev, M.A. Zemlyanova. Perm, 2009. 281 p.
10. Zaitseva N.V. et al Environmentally determined children gastroduodenitis (epidemiology, diagnostics, treatment and prophylactics): monograph / N.V. Zaitseva et al. Perm: Book format, 2009. 323 p.
11. Akekseev V.B., Zaitseva N.V., Mai I.V. Report for the human potential development in the Perm Region. Perm: Non-profit Organisation “Professional Interest”, 2010. 126 p.
Diploma №294, 01.11.2005. International Academy for Scientific Discoveries and Inventions. Onishchenko G.G., Rakhmanin Y.A., Zaitseva N.V., Zemlyanova M.A., Akatova A.A. “Correlation regularities of children bronchial asthma and endemic goiter determined by a combined influence of anthropogenic chemical factors”. Registration certificate № А-360. Registration date 28.07.2005
Patents for Invention
1. Patent 2152034 The Russian Federation. Method of quantitative detection of allergen-specific Immunoglobulin E in blood serum (plazma) / Zaitseva N.V., Dolgikh O.V., Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 27.06.2000.
2. Patent 2159437 The Russian Federation. Method of detection of environmental influence on cancer disease predisposition / Zaitseva N.V., Dolgikh O.V., Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 20.11.2000.
3. Patent 2144671The Russian Federation. Method of detection of iodine deficiency / Zaitseva N.V., Dolgikh O.V., Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 20.01.2000.
4. Patent 2163482 The Russian Federation. Method of prophylactics and treatment of environmentally determined child hemopathy syndrome / Zaitseva N.V., Tyrykina T.I, Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 27.02.2001.
5. Patent 2163483 The Russian Federation. Method of prophylactics and treatment of environmentally determined child urinary system pathology / Zaitseva N.V., Tyrykina T.I, Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 27.02.2001.
6. Patent 035015 The Russian Federation. Method of hygienic diagnostics and estimation of iodine deficiency tension in the areas influenced by combined environmental factors / Zaitseva N.V., Tyrykina T.I, Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 15.12.2001.
7. Patent 2187808 The Russian Federation. Method of estimation of short-term atmospheric pollution increase influence on public health / Zaitseva N.V., Kiryanov D.A., Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 20.08.2002.
8. Patent 2185630 The Russian Federation. Method of noninvasive diagnostics of chemical sensitisation / Zaitseva N.V., Dolgikh O.V., Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 20.07.2002.
9. Patent 2206327 The Russian Federation. Method of iodine deficiency correction in the areas characterised by combined influence of inborn iodine deficiency and environmental chemical factors / Zaitseva N.V., Zemlyanova M.A. Registration date 20.06.2003.
10. Patent 2206272 The Russian Federation. Method of hygienic diagnostics and estimation of iodine deficiency tension in the areas influenced by combined environmental factors / Zaitseva N.V., Zemlyanova M.A., Kiryanov D.A., Tyrykina T.I. Registration date 20.06.2003.
11. Patent 2224254 The Russian Federation. Method of quantitative determination of vanadium in whole blood / Zaitseva N.V., Ulanova T.S., Plakhova L.V. Registration date 20.02.2004.
12. Patent 2226692 The Russian Federation. Method of quantitative determination of chlorobenzene in the urine / Zaitseva N.V., Ulanova T.S., Nurislamova T.V. Registration date 10.04.2004.
13. Patent 2324185 The Russian Federation. Method of quantitative determination of phthalic acid in serum / Zaitseva N.V., Ulanova T.S., Karnazhitskaja T.D., Teploukhova N.V., Kislitsyna A.V. Registration date 10.05.2008.
14. Patent 2368322 The Russian Federation. Method of human health safety assessment of products and determination of integral tolerable risk of individual classes of products for human health / Zaitseva N.V., Maj I.V., Shur P.Z., Trusov P.V., Shvyryova M.P., Goncharuk N.N. Registration date 09.01.2008.
15. Patent 2410691 The Russian Federation. Quantitative determination of manganese, lead and nickel in bile by method of atomic-absorption analysis with atomization in flame / Zaitseva N.V., Ulanova T.S., Legotkina G.I., Stenno E.V., Bakanina M.A., Shardakova Yu.V. Registration date 27.08.2011.
16. Patent 2416798 The Russian Federation. Method of quantitative determination of dichlorobromomethane in blood / Zaitseva N.V., Ulanova T.S., Nurislamova T.V., Popova N.A. Registration date 20.04.2011.
17. Patent 2419795 The Russian Federation. Method of early diagnosis of adaptation disoders in children in conditions of environmental chemical influence / Zaitseva N.V., Zemlyanova М.А., Kiryanov D.A., Zvezdin V.N., Ulanova T.S., Dolgikh О.V. Registration date 27.05.2011.