Evgeny A. Zinovyev
15, Bukireva Street, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Biology
Department of Zoology of Vertebrata and Ecology
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1961 – Perm State University, Faculty of Biology, specialty “Biology”.
Academic Degrees and Titles
1967 – Candidate of Biology, Perm State University.
1972 – Reader.
2005 – Doctor of Biology, Perm State University.
2007 – Professor.
Stages of Professional Career
1960-1964 – Junior Research Fellow, Natural Science Institute, Perm State University.
1964-1965 – Senior Research Fellow, Natural Science Institute, Perm State University.
1965-1971 – Assistant Lecturer, Perm State University.
1972-1998 – Reader, Perm State University.
1998 – Professor, Perm State University.
1972 – present time – Head of Department of Zoology of Vertebrata and Ecology, Perm State University.
Membership in Scientific Councils and other State and Public Associations
Member of Scientific Council of the Faculty of Biology, Perm State University.
Member of Dissertation Councils D 212.189.02, Perm State University.
Member of Kama-Ural Scientific and Commercial Council of the Volga-Caspian fishery basin.
Scientific Project Management
2003-2004 – Grant of Russian Foundation for Basic Research – the Urals “Regularities of structure, production dynamics and stability of polytypic river and water reservoir ichthyological complexes of the Perm Region”.
Participation in International Projects
Editing of the section for the composite monograph “Rivers of Europe”. London: Elsevier, 2009.
Current Research Activities
Systematisation and ecology of fishes; investigation of fishes variability in the Eurasian polytypic water bodies; the grayling (Thymallidae) of Eurasia; analysis of adaptive process limits of the Kama Region fishes.
Academic and other Awards
2007 – “Ecologist of the Year”.
2009 – “Honorary Scientist of the Russian Federation”.
2009 – Jubilee Medal of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation “The 100th Anniversary of Cynological Departments of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation”.
Total Number of Publications - 319
Scientific articles – 302.
Monographs – 12.
Textbooks (Study Guides) – 5.
1. Shepel A.I., Zinovyev E.A., Fisher S.V., Kazakov V.P. The Vishera Region fauna. Perm: Book world, 2004. 208 p.
2. Zinovyev E.A., Mandritsa S.A., Baklanov M.A. Identification guide of the Middle Kama River basin fishes / Perm State University. Perm, 2004. 31 p.
3. Zinovyev E.A., Ovyosnov S.A., Perevedentseva L.G., Shepel A.I. The Perm Region treasures: from the Red Data Book of the Perm Region. Perm: Book world, 2005. 160 p.
4. Zinovyev E.A. Ecotypes of the grayling (Thymallidae, Salmoniformes) // Russian Journal of Ecology. 2005. № 5. pp. 385 - 389. (In Russian)
5. Zinovyev E.A., Baklanov M.A., Kostitsyna N.V. Ichthyological cadastre and monitoring of the Krasnokamsk Region water bodies // Perm State University. Perm, 2006. 148 p.
6. Aleksevnina M.S., Burmatova E.A., Dvinskikh S.A., Zinovyev E.A.et al. Conditions of hydrological risks in the Perm Region water objects / Perm State University. Perm, 2006. Part 2. 167 p.
7. Kitaev A.B., Zinovyev E.A. Chemical pollution influence on benthofauna and ichthyofauna of the Kama water reservoir // International Journal of Experimental Education. 2010. № 7. pp. 148 – 149. (In Russian)