George G. Abashev
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Chemistry
Department of Organic Chemistry
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Chemistry, Specialty: “Chemistry”, 1971
Post-graduate Study – Perm State University, 1974
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Chemistry, 1974, Perm State University
Doctor of Chemistry, 1998, Russian Academy of Sciences Ufa Organic Chemistry Institute
Stages of Professional Career
Junior Research Fellow, Perm State University (PSU) Natural Science Institute (NSI), 1974-1975.
Senior Research Fellow, PSU NSI, 1975-1993.
Head of Organic Semiconductor Laboratory , PSU NSI, 1993 – up to now.
Professor of Organic Department, Perm State University, 2005 – up to now.
Leading Researcher Fellow, Institute of Technical Chemistry, Ural Branch, RAS, 2005 – up to now
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Technical Chemistry Institute (UB RAS) Doctorate Dissertation Council
Research Projects Management
Grants of RFBR
95-03-08287_а “Preparation and Investigation of New Low-Dimensional Organic Electroconducting Substances, Including those for Langmuir-Blodgett Films and Self-Assembled Monolayers”, 1995 -1997.
99-03-32872_а “Synthesis and investigation of new organic conducting materials for molecular electronics and conducting films”, 1999 -2001.
02-03-32665_а “Synthesis ands Investigation of Organic Conducting Materials - Components for Organic Light-emitting Diodes - Based on Tetrathiafulvalenes Derivatives Containing Thiophene and Other Heterocyclic Moieties”, 2002 -2004.
02-03-96419_р2002ural_а “Synthesis of the Novel Organic Conducting Materials for Optoelectronic Devices”, 2002 -2003.
04-03-96035_р2004ural_а “Synthesis of the Novel Organic Conducting Materials for Optoelectronic Devices “” 2004 -2006.
05-03-32849_а “Synthesis and Investigation of Substituted Tetrathiafulvalene Derivatives with Carbazole and Fluorene Moieties as Promising Materials for Organic Transistors and Light-emitting Diodes Creation”, 2005 -2007.
07-03-96023_р_ural_а “Study on Possibility of Stetter Reaction and Bisacylation Application for Synthesis of Co-oligomers with Fluorene, Carbazole, Thiophene, Tetrathiafulvalene Fragments for Molecular Electronics Purposes”, 2007 -2009.
10-03-96038_r_ural_а “Creation of New Materials for Molecular Electronics - Organic Light-emitting Diodes, Field-Effect Transistors, Solar Cells and Electrochromic Devices”, 2010 – 2012.
Contracts with JSC”Elecond” (Sarapul).
Development of theoretical base for formation of conducting polymer layer on the surface of anode electrode for an aluminum electrolytic capacitor, 2008.
Study of conducting polymer polymerization processes on porous anodes of capacitors, 2009
Current Research Activities
Scope of scientific interests: synthesis and study of organic low-dimensional electroconducting materials – anion- and cation radical salts and charge transfer complexes on the basis of tetracyanoquinodimethane, tetrathiafulvalene and its derivatives. Synthesis of new electron donors of tetrathiafulvalene class. Synthesis and study of electroconducting conjugated monomers, oligomers and polymers which include various aromatic carbo- and heterocyclic moieties into polymer chain (thiophene, carbazole, pyrimidine, fluorene).
Scientific supervisor of four successful candidate dissertants. Presently, supervises two postgraduate students who take their postgraduate course in the Institute of Technical Chemistry (Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences).
Academic and other Awards
Honour Certificate of RF Ministry for Education and Science, 2008
Total Number of Publications – 150.
1. Swietlik R., Pukacki W., Krol S., Abashev G.G., Semkin V.N. Electrical and Spectroscopic Properties of Some OOT and EOTT Charge-Transfer Salts// Synthetic Metals. 1999. 103 (1-3). 1955-1956.
2. D’yachenko О.А., Gritsenko V.V., Abashev G.G., Shklyaeva Е.V., Russkikh V.S. Crystal and Molecular Structure of Complex Ion Radical Salt bis(7,7',8,8'-Tetracyanochinodimethanide) N-(b-Iodoethyl) Pyridinum, (С7H9IN)+•(TCNQ) •-(TCNQ)/ Russian Chem. Bull. // 1997. 46. 9. 1560-1564.
3. Abashev G.G., Kazheva O.N., D'yachenko O.A., Gritsenko V.V., Tenishev A.G., Nishimura K., Saito G. Synthesis and Crystal Structure of the New Organic Conductors (TMTTF)2(C6H2N3O8), ET2(C6H2N3)8) and ET2(C6H2N3O7)(THF) with Picrate and Styphnate Anions //Mendeleev Commun. 2001. 11(4). 125-127.
4. Abashev G., Shklyaeva E., Nedugov A., Popov S. New Tetrathiafulvalenes with Thienyl and other Aromatic Substituents, including Fluorinated Ones // J. Phys. IV France (2004). 114. 493-495.
5. Nishimura K., Saito G., Abashev G.G., Tenishev A.G. Preparation of Conductive Charge Transfer Complexes Containing Polynitrophenolates (TNBP, Picrate, Trinitroresorcinolate) // Synthetic Metals. 2001. 120 (1-3). 911-912.
6. Abashev G.G., Gritsenko V.V., Kazheva O.N., Tenishev A.G., Candell E., Dyachenko O.A. Synthesis, Electronic and Crystal Stucture of a New Organic Semiconductor Tetramethyltetrathiafulvalene-Trinitroresorcinol (2:1), (TMTTF)2(C6H2N3O8) // Zeitschrift für Kristallographie. 2001. Bb.216. 623-628.
7. Abashev G.G., Shklyaeva Е.V., Tenishev А.G., Korekov D.N. New Fluorine–Containing Tetrathiafulvalenes for Preparation of Langmuir-Blodgett Films //J. Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds. 2003.(434) pp.760-766.
8. Abashev G.G., Shklyaeva Е.V. Synthesis and Properties of 1,3-Dithiol-2-Thiones and Tetrathiafulvalenes with the use of Oligo(1,3-Dithiol-2,4,5-Trithione) // J.Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds. 2006. 4 (466). 423-439.
9. Abashev G.G., Shklyaeva E.V., Syutkin R.K., Lebedev K.Yu. et al. Synthesis and Investigation of Carbazoles and Fluorenes Containing Tetrathiafulvalene Core //J. Solid State Sciences. 2008. 10, 1710-17191-10.
10. Bushueva А.Yu., Shklyaeva E.V., Abashev G.G. New Pyrimidines Incorporating Thiophene and Pyrrole Moieties: Synthesis and Electrochemical Polymerization// J. Mendeleev Communications. 2009. 19. 329-331.
11. G. G. Abashev, A. Y. Bushueva, E. V. Shklyaeva N-substituted 2,5-di(2-thienyl)pyrroles: application, production, properties, and electrochemical polymerization (review) // J. Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds. 2011. 2 (523). 130-154