Mikhail I. Degtev
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Chemistry
Department of Analytical Chemistry
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Chemistry, Specialty:”Chemistry”, 1968
Post-graduate study – Perm State University, 1974
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Chemistry, 1974, Perm State University
Doctor of Chemistry, 1994, Institute of Organic Chemistry at Ufa Organic Chemistry RAS Research Centre
Stages of Professional Career
Assistant Lecturer, Perm Polytechnical Institute, 1969-1970.
Assistant Lecturer, Perm State University, 1970-1971.
Post-graduate student, Perm State University, 1971-1974.
Head of Organic Reagents Laboratory, NSI at Perm State University, 1974 – up to now.
Head of RDS, Perm State University, 1982-1990.
Head of Department of Analytical Chemistry, Perm State University, 1990 – up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of NSI (at PSU) Academic Council
Member of the Chemical Faculty Academic Council, Perm State University
Member of Perm State University Academic Council
Member of RAS Academic Council for Analytical Chemistry
Management of Research Projects
Perm State University part of the RF Ministry for Higher Education Programme on “Platinum Metals”, 1976-1982.
Current Research Activities
Focused synthesis of organic reagents based on antipyrine and1-phenyl-3-methylpyrasolone-5, and also b-dikeatons and sulfur containing derivatives of antipyrine and pyrasolone for emission, separation and concentration of metal ions. Development of theory and practice of extraction methods for metal ions isolation and concentration in macro- and microquantities into organic solvent from halogenide, acetate, nitrate, ammonia, alkaline and carbonate solutions. Determination of composition and mechanism of extractable compounds, calculation of quantitative characteristics, including extraction and distribution constants, stability constants of complexes, correlation regularity between reagent structure and its extraction capacity. Getting correlations between extraction constants and metal ion semi-extraction pH, stability constant with ion radius of extracted metals, extraction constants with those of stability of extractable complexes. Elaboration of instrumental methods for determination of macro- and microquantities of extractable metal ions as well as development of theory and practice of new lamination systems without organic solvent for the extraction of metal ions in macro- and microquantities.
Academic and other Awards
Badge of “RF Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education”, 2005.
Total Number of Publications
Research articles – 156.
Monographs – 6.
Textbooks (tutorials) – 16.
1. Busev A.I., Shivopiszew W.P., Petrow B.I., Degtew M.I. Spektrochemishe bestimmung von Gallium-, indium-, und thallium spuren unter denutzung der extrations systeme mit drei flussigen phasen // Analytical letters. 1972. 5 (5). 265-272. (In German)
2. Petrov B.I., Zhivopistsev V.P., Degtev М.I. //Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 1973. Vol.28, No. 2. pp.240-245. (In Russian)
3. Degtev М.I., Zhivopistsev V.P., Savrasova V.S. //Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 1980. Vol.25, No. 12. pp.3352-3354. (In Russian)
4. Degtev М.I., Khorkova М.А., Zhivopistsev V.P. // Univ. News. Chemistry and Chemical Technology. 1986. Vol.24, No. 9. pp.1102-1105. (In Russian)
5. Degtev М.I., Khorkova М.А., Makhnev Yu.А., Kozhevnikova L.А. // Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 1983. Vol.38, No. 1. pp.42-50. (In Russian)
6. Degtev М.I., Toropov L.I. // J. Industrial Laboratory. 1984. Vol.50, No.7. pp.9-12. (In Russian)
7. Degtev М.I., Afendikova Yu.А. // Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 1985. Vol.40, No. 7. pp.1271-1278. (In Russian)
8. Petrova Е.N., Degtev М.I. // Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 1991. Vol.36, No. 8. pp.2179-2183. (In Russian)
9. Degtev М.I., Zhikhareva Т.V., Fotin V.V. // Journal of Inorganic Chemistry. 1996. Vol.41, No. 8. pp.1397-1401. (In Russian)
10. Degtev М.I., Strelkov V.V., Degtev D.М. Environment and Environmental Monitoring. Ekaterinburg: UB RAS, 2004. 330 p. (In Russian)