Anatoly B. Shein
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Chemistry
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Chemistry, Specialty: “Chemistry”, 1978
Post-graduate study – Perm State University, 1983
Doctoral Course – Perm State University, 1999
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Chemistry,1984. Voronezh State University.
Senior Research Fellow, 1989.
Doctor of Chemistry, 1999, Perm State University
Stages of Professional Career
Junior Research Fellow, Natural Science Institute (NSI) at Perm State University (PSU), 1978-1985.
Senior Research Fellow, NSI at PSU, 1986-1989.
Head of Electrochemical Laboratory, NSI at PSU, 1989-1999.
Head of Department of Physical Chemistry, Perm State University, 2000 – up to now.
Dean of Faculty of Chemistry, Perm State University, 2003 – up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Academic Council of Perm State University,
Chemical Faculty Academic Council of Perm State University – Chairman,
Natural Science Institute Academic Council (at Perm State University).
Research Projects Management
Grant of RFBR No.09-03-99008_ofi, 2009-2010, for “New Corrosion Resistant Electrode Materials Based on Transition Metal Silicides”.
Project of Departmental Purpose-Oriented Programme for “Development of Higher School Scientific Potential 2009-2010” – “Electrochemistry of Plain and Multicomponent Metallides”.
Current Research Activities
Scope of Scientific Interests – new corrosion-resistant materials and means for protecting metals from corrosion. Scientific supervisor on investigation of new electrode material (transition metal silicides and germanides) electrochemical corrosion behaviour, study of stress-strain corrosion, development of new highly effective corrosion and salt deposition inhibitors. The founder of Scientific School of “Transition Metal Silicides Electrochemistry”. Within this trend successful development undergo new theoretic ideas and practical research in the field of electrochemistry and corrosion of metallides.
Academic and other Awards
Honour Certificate of RF Ministry for Education , 2006.
Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Natural History, 2009.
Certificate and the badge of the “Scientific School Founder”, 2009.
Diploma and badge of the “Golden Department of Russia”, 2009.
Vernadsky Medal for Achievements in Natural Sciences, 2009.
Nobel Medal for Contribution in Inventiveness, 2009.
Honour Title «Merited Worker of Science and Education of Russian Academy of Sciences”, 2009.
Total Number of Publications – 262.
Research articles – 95.
Monographs – 2.
Textbooks (tutorials) – 7.
1. Shein A.B. Korrosion und Wasserstoffversprodung von verformten Stahl mit hohem Kohlenstoffgehalt und Wirksamkeit des Inhibitorschutzes // Korrosion (DDR). 1988. Bd.19, N 3. S.130-140. (In German)
2. Shein A.B. Elektrochemisches Verhalten von Metallsiliciden in Schwefelsaure. Cobaltmonosilicid // Korrosion (DDR). 1988.Bd.19, N 4. S.171-184. (In German)
3. Worch H., Forker W., Shein А.B. Effect of Surface Structure on Mechanism of Active Iron Dissolution // Protection of Metals. 1990. Vol.26, No. 5. pp.766-777. (In Russian)
4. Shein A.B., Aitov R.G. Electrochemical Behaviour of Eutectic Metal-Germanium Alloys in Sulphuric Acid // Electro-chim. Acta. 1991. Vol.36, No. 8. pp.1247-1251.(In English)
5. Shein А.B., Kanayeva О.V. Anodic Dissolution of Cobalt Silicides in Sulphuric Acid Solution // Electrochemistry. 2000. Vol.36, No.9. pp.1155-1159. (In Russian)
6. Shein A.B., Kichigin V.I. Adsorption and Inhibitive Action of Sulphonium, Selenonium and Telluronium Salts on Iron in Acids // Proceedings of the 9th European Symposium on Corrosion Inhibitors, September 4-8, 2000, Ferrara. 2000. pp.811-821.(In English)
7. Shein А.B., Zubova Е.N. Electrochemical Behaviour of Manganese Silicides in Sulphuric Acid Solution // Protection of Metals. 2005. Vol.41, No.3. pp.258-266. (In Russian)
8. Shein А.B., Rakityanskaya I.L., Lomaeva S.F. Anodic Dissolution of Iron Silicides in Alkaline Electrolyte // Protection of Metals. 2007. Vol.43, No.1. pp. 59-63. (In Russian)
9. Shein А.B., Ivanova О.S., Minkh R.N. Effect of Anions on Anodic Dissolution of Nickel Silicide in Sulphuric Acid Electrolytes// Protection of Metals. 2008. Vol. 44, No.1. pp. 38-44. (In Russian)
10. Shein А.B. Transition Metal Silicides and Germanides Electrochemistry: Monograph// Perm State University. Perm, 2009. 269 p. (In Russian)
11. Shein А.B. Corrosion-Electrochemical Behaviour of Iron-Triad Silicides in Various Electrolytes // J.Surface Physics and chemistry. Protection of Materials. 2010. Vol. 46, No.4. pp.403-413. (In Russian)