Modernization of National Economy as a Basis for Strategic Innovative Competitive Ability
Basic Division: Department of National Economy and Economic Safety.
Brief Description of Research Activities
Globalization and internationalization of the world economy have given rise to new forms and means of competitive struggle. In particular, the importance of competition in the sphere of innovation activity is growing. Broadly speaking, an innovative competitive ability means acquisition of competitive advantages by adopting innovations which are aimed to improve the quality of goods and services, to organise socioeconomic processes and, what is particularly important in current conditions, to encourage optimum employment of resources and implementation of environment conservancy principles. Thus, the innovative competitive ability appears to be a significant factor of management and successful implementation of environment conservancy process.
In its turn, sustainable development and environment conservancy are impossible without restructuring the economy in the line of ecological safety and careful (rational) use of available natural resources, especially, non-renewable ones. All this requires modernization of the national economy, reformation the institutional structure of the society, creation of a system of economic and judicial rules which stimulate the implementation of results of intellectual activity in the economy and protect inventions and innovative projects. That is what will finally procure conversion of the economy into environment conservancy.
Selected Publications Describing Scientific Research Trend
1. Mingaleva Zh.A., Gayfutdinova O.S. Management of the innovative competitive ability of economic entities. Yekaterinburg: Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2007. 317 p. (In Russian)
2. Mingaleva Z., Gayfutdinova O., Podgornova E. Forming of Institutional Mechanism of Region’s Innovative Development// World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. Venice, 2009. Vol.58. P. 783-793. (In English)
3. Mingaleva Z., Gayfutdinova O., Balkova K. Formation of an innovative cluster// World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. Issue 80, Paris, August 2011. P.598-611. (In English)
4. Global strategies of economic growth and development in regions// National interests: priorities and safety. 2009. Vol. 20(53). P. 17-22. (In Russian)
5. Mingaleva Zh.A. Institutional aspects of economy modernization// In the world of scientific discoveries. 2010. № 3 (09). P.134-139. (In Russian)
The Most Significant Fundamental Research Projects
1. "Influence of the strategy of the region's innovative development on its sectoral structure". Grant of the Russian Programme of Economic Research - Economics Education and Research Consortium. 1999.
2. "Region in a new paradigm of the spatial structure of Russia". Joint research with the creative team of the Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2007.
3. "Factors of sustainable development of the regions of Russia". Joint research with the creative team of the Scientific Cooperation Development Centre, Novosibirsk. 2008.
4. "Regional aspects of the development of economic systems". Joint research with the creative team of the Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2008.
6. "From Lomonosov's idea to a real land use planning and management of the territories in the Urals, Siberia and the Far East". Joint research with the creative teams of the Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Economics and Industrial Organisation at the Siberian branch of the RAS, the Institute of Economic Research at the Far East branch of the RAS.
7. "Innovative development of a region as a basis for increasing its competitive ability". Grant of the Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation, 2009-2010.
8. "Regional academic contest of social research 2010". Co-project with the Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
9. “The management of innovative development of social-economic systems”. Joint research with the creative teams of the Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2010.
10. “The self-extracting of social-economic systems: the theory, the methodology, the predictive estimate”. Joint research with the creative teams of the Institute of Economics at the Ural branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2011.
11. “The innovative development of industry”. Joint research with the creative teams of the St-Petersburg state polytechnic university. 2011.
12. "Structural modernization of economy and innovative development" - Thematic plan-2010 of Perm State University by the order of the Federal Education Agency.
The Most Significant Applied Research Projects, Including Enterprise Orders
1. Management of a group of experts on developing "Regional target programme of innovative development of the Perm Krai for 2007-2009". 2006.
2. Participation in development of the concept of "Programme of socioeconomic development of Perm Krai for 2006-2010 and for the period until 2015" and "Programme of socioeconomic development of the Perm Krai for 2009-2012 and for the period until 2020" by order of the Perm Krai Administration. 2006-2007.
Training of Researchers
6 people were awarded degrees of Candidate and Doctor of Economics. At the moment there are about 20 post-graduate students and graduands for Candidate and Doctor of Economics degrees.
International Scientific and Educational Activities
TASIS, project “BISTRO” – “Industrial reconstruction of enterprises in Perm Region”. London Business School - Russian School of Entrepreneurs. 1996-1997.
The continuing joint programme Master of Business Administration (MBA) with the University of Louisville (USA) – 2009 –until present date.