Sergey V. Pyankov
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
GIS of PSU
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics. 1992.
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Technical Sciences. 2006. Russian State Hydro-Meteorological University (St. Petersburg).
Stages of Professional Career
Engineer. Department of Biogeocenology and Conservancy, Perm State University. 1992.
Head of Laboratory of Environment-Geoinformation Systems at the Department of Biogeocenology and Conservancy. Perm State University. 1993-2002.
Director of GIS of PSU. Perm State University. 2002 – until present date.
Assistant Lecturer. Department of Biogeocenology and Conservancy, Perm State University. 1993-2002.
Senior Lecturer. Department of Higher Mathematics, Perm State University. 2002-2007.
Reader. Department of Higher Mathematics, Perm State University. 2002. – until present date.
Reader, Department of Socio-economic Geography, Perm State University. 2004. – until present date.
Director of Continuing Education Centre «Geomatics» (RINO PSU). Perm State University. 2006. – until present date.
Membership in Scientific Councils and other State and Public Associations
Member of Regional Council on Information Technologies of Chairman of the Perm Krai Government.
Member of Coordination Council on the Use of Space Exploration Results in the interest of social-economic development of regions of the Volga Federal District.
Member of GIS-Association Committee on creation of regional segments of Russian spatial data infrastructure and functioning of local and regional markets.
Management of Research Projects
1. GIS-based creation of the subsystem for monitoring water systems and facilities in the framework of the territorial system of ecological monitoring in the Perm Krai. – The Perm Krai Department for Environmental Protection. 2002-2005.
2. Creation of Municipal GIS in Krasnovishersk. – Krasnovishersk Administration of the Perm Krai. 2003-2005.
3. Pre-Flood and Post Flood Survey of Federally Owned and Fully Located in the Perm Krai Flood Hazard Territories. – Ministry of Natural Resources. 2007-2008.
4. Informational Support of Public Authorities for Making Decisions on Public Safety, Prevention and Liquidation of Natural, Man-Caused and Bio-Social Municipal Formation Emergency Situations. – The Perm Krai Administration of Municipal Formations, Public Security Ministry of the Perm Krai. 2007-2010.
5. Creation of Geoinformation System “Forest Resources JSC «Solikamskburprom»” – JSC «Solikamskburprom». 2008-2010.
Participation in International Projects
Organization and conducting of International Conference «InterCart-InterGIS -15. Sustainable Development of Territories: GIS-territory and Practical Experience». RFBR № 09-05-06042-g. 2009.
Organization and conducting of international school-seminar «Geosupply with information of modernization of Russia. Technical, technological and personnel potential». RFBR № 09-05-06042-г. Perm – Kazan – Saratov – Astrakhan – Volgograd – Samara. 2011.
Current Research Activities
The use of modern geoinformation systems in hydrological studies, design and development of regional thematic GIS, geo-systems and complexes mathematical-cartographical modeling, thematic mapping of Earth remote sensing data.
Academic and other Awards
Honorary Certificate of Perm State University. 2005.
Honorary Certificate of Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. 2006.
Total number of Publications
Scientific articles – 69.
Monographs and textbooks (study guides) – 8.
1. Kalinin V.G., Pyankov S.V. About Topographical Effect on the Runoff of Votkinsk Reservoir Rivers // Russian Meteorology and Hydrology. 2004. № 3. P. 98-104. (In Russian)
2. Pyankov S.V., Kalinin V.G. Methodological aspects of the spatial analysis of formation of a drain of the rivers with use of mathematical-cartographical modeling // Russian Meteorology and Hydrology. 2009. № 1. P. 69-75. (In Russian)
3. Kalinin V.G., Pyankov S.V. Application of geoinformation technologies in hydrological researches // Perm. Alex-Press. 2010. 217 p. (In Russian)
4. Pyankov S.V., Kalinin V.G. GIS and mathematical-cartographical modeling at research of water reservoirs basins (on an example kama river)// Perm. Alex-Press. 2011. 158 p. (In Russian)
5. Shavnina Y.N., Pyankov S.V., Mikhalov A.V., Nemtin G.N., Soboleva E.B. The analysis of system of water-retaining hydraulic engineering constructions with use of geoinformation technologies. Perm. 2011. 208 p.