Arkadiy M. Komlev
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Geography
Department of Hydrology and Water Sources Protection
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Geography, Specialty: “Hydrology”, 1950
Post-graduate Study – USSR AS SB Transport and Energy Institute, 1957-1960
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Geography, 1962, Central Institute of Forecasts (Moscow)
Senior Research Assistant, 1966.
Doctor of Geography, 1972, Perm State University
Stages of Professional Career
Senior Engineer, Norilsk SR Institute, 1956-1957.
Senior Research Fellow, USSR AS SB Transport and Energy Institute, 1960-1964.
Head of Laboratory of Hydrologic Assessments and Forecasts of WSIHG Institute, Novosibirsk, 1965-1974.
Deputy Director for Science, PSU NSI, 1975-1979.
Professor of Department of Hydrology and Water Sources Protection, Perm State University, 1979 – 2011.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Dissertation Councils for “Geoecology” and “Economic, Social, Political and Recreational Geography”.
Current Research Activities
Supervision of Department research on regularities of river runoff formation and its calculation method elaboration, study of natural runoff regulation and its intra-annual distribution. Development of technique for probabilistic assessment of the duration of standing in the year or season of various geometeorological characteristics. Elaboration of runoff assessment methods for the non-studied rivers. Participation in international and all-Russia conferences, workshops and inter-university meetings on the problems of today situation with reservoirs and their water-collection. Participation in scientific forums in Russia, Ukraine and Byelorussia. Supervisor of 11 candidate dissertations and 2 Doctor dissertation.
Academic and other Awards
Badge of “Excellent Hydrometeorologist of the USSR “, 1968.
Honour Certificate of USSR Geographic Society, 1975.
Full Member of the International Academy of Sciences of Higher School, 1994.
Total Number of Publications
Research Articles – 220.
Monographs – 15.
Textbooks (Tutorials) – 3.
1. Komlev A.M. Spring Floods in Sylva River Basin and Floods in Kungur// J. Ecology and Water. Ekaterinburg, 2001. Issue. 5. pp. 95-100. (In Russian)
2. Komlev A.M. To the Calculation of Maximum Runoff of Melt Water (Rivers of Tyumen Region)// J. Geography and Natural Resources. 2003. No.3. pp. 125-127. (In Russian)
3. Komlev A.M. Analysis of Maximum Flood Runoffs of the Rivers of Perm Region// J. Ecology and Water. Ekaterinburg, 2002. Issue. 6. pp. 101-105. (In Russian)
4. Komlev A.M. Maximum Rainfall Runoff of North-West Caucasus Rivers// RAS Herald. Ser. Geogr. М., 2009. pp. 118 – 120. (In Russian)
5. Komlev A.M. Study of River Runoff: Selected Works/ Perm Univ. Perm, 2006. 308 p. (In Russian)
6. Komlev A.M., Melnikova T.N. Water Regime of North-West Caucasus Rivers. Regularities of Forming and Methods of Calculation: Monograph/ Perm Univ. Perm, 2008. 112 p. (In Russian)