Aleksandr I. Zyryanov
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Geography
Department of Tourism
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. 1977.
Post-graduate Study. Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. 1985.
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Geography. St. Petersburg. 1985.
Doctor of Geography. Perm State University. 2007.
Stages of Professional Career
Junior Research Fellow, Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. 1977 - 1978.
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Economic Geography, Tyumen State University, 1978-1980.
Senior Laboratory Assistant, Department of Economic Geography, Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. 1980 - 1985.
Assistant Lecturer, Department of Economic Geography, Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. 1985 - 1989.
Reader, Department of Economic Geography, Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. 1989-1993.
Dean, Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. Since 1993 until present date.
Head of Department of Tourism, Faculty of Geography, Perm State University. Since 2004 until present date.
Membership in Scientific Councils, other State and Public Associations
Chairman of Dissertation Council awarding Candidate degrees in speciality “Economic, social and political geography” at Perm State University. 1996-2000.
Chairman of Dissertation Council awarding Candidate and Doctor degrees in speciality “Economic, social, political and recreation geography” at Perm State University from 2010.
Member of Education and Methodical Association of Russian Universities in Higher Geographic Education.
Management of Research Projects
1. Publication of e-catalogue “Tourist objects and routes in the Perm Krai”. 2009.
2. Conceptual design of complex development of the tourist and recreational sphere in Gainsky municipal district. 2009.
3. Project “Development of resettlement system in Priozyorsky and Vyborgsky districts of the Leningrad Region”. 2009.
Current Research Activities
Research of theoretical and methodological issues of tourism organisation, its spatial organisation and design, socioeconomic classification zoning. Applied research of the Ural area and Perm region, on the validation of rationalisation of intersectoral and territorial structure of human environment, on regional and municipal management.
Academic and other Awards
Certificate of Merit from the Department of Education and Science of the Perm Krai. 2001.
Certificate of Merit from the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. 2008.
Total Number of Publications
200 scientific articles,
3 course books and textbooks.
1. Zyryanov A.I. The region: spatial relations between nature and society. Perm, 2006. 372 p. (In Russian)
2. Zyryanov A.I., Myshlyavtseva S.E. The city and the region: tourist and recreation interaction // Ecology of urban areas. 2007. № 1. P. 70-73. (In Russian)
3. Zyryanov A.I., Korolev Yu.A. Model tourist routes // Herald of the National Academy of Tourism. 2008. № 2. P. 44-60. (In Russian)