Boris S. Lunev
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Geology
Department of Mineral Discovering and Prospecting
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Geology. 1954.
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Geological-Mineralogical Sciences. 1961. Perm State University.
Doctor of Geological-Mineralogical Sciences. 1967. Kazan State University.
Stages of Professional Career
Dean of Faculty of Geology, Perm State University. 1961, 1970-1974.
Head of Department of Mineral Discovering and Prospecting, Perm State University. 1979-2006.
Membership in Scientific Councils and other State and Public Associations
Member of Perm State University Dissertation Council awarding Doctoral Degrees.
Member of Geological Faculty Scientific Council of Perm State University.
Management of Research Projects
1. Soros Foundation Grant. 2000.
2. RFBR Grant № 07-05-96017 «The Study of Small-Sized Valuable Minerals in Mesozoic and Cenozoic Basin Alluvial Sediments on the Territory of the Perm Krai». 2007-2009.
3. RFBR Grant 10-05-96060 «Environmentally Safe and Efficient Research and Exploration of West Ural and Transural Alluvial Sediments». 2010-2012.
Participation in International Projects
1. Project IGCP-514 «Fluvial palaeo-systems: evolution and mineral deposits». 2005-2009.
2. Investigation of the Indian River gold terraces (Yukon Territory, Canada). 2006-2009.
3. Participants: Perm State University Natural Sciences Institute and the Government of Yukon – Yukon Geological Survey (Canada). National Project: Contract № 251 of 26.06.06.
Current Research Activities
The study of placer small-sized valuable minerals (aurum, platinum, diamonds, zirconium-titanium, tinstone), integrated assessment of mineral resources. Alluvial sediment research.
Academic and other Awards
Badge «For Special Achievements in Research Work». 1984.
Medal «Veteran of Labour». 1984.
Soros Professor. 2000.
Laureate of purse of «Outstanding scientists of Prikamje in the name of G.A. Maksimovich» in the earth sciences. 1999.
Meritorious Scientist of Russia. 2001.
Certificate of Merit of the Federal Agency for Subsoil Use. 2010
Honored worker of science and education. 2011.
Diploma "Golden Chair of Russia." 2011.
Total Number of Publications
Scientific articles – 300.
Monographs – 7.
Study guides – 3.
1. Lunev B.S. Differentiation of Sediments in Modern Alluvium . Perm, 1967. 333 p. (In Russian)
2. Lunev B.S., Osovetskij B.M. Small-Sized Diamonds in the Urals. Perm, 1996. 127 p. (In Russian)
3. Lunev B.S., Naumova O.B. Atlas of Topography Forms. V. 1: Major Topography Factors of the Earth. Perm, 1998. 296 p. (In Russian)
4. Lunev B.S., Naumova O.B. Atlas of Topography Forms. V. 2: Topography Forms of the Earth. Perm, 1999. 316 p. (In Russian)
5. Lunev B.S., Naumov V.A., Naumova O.B. Atlas of Topography Forms. V.4: Natural and Man-caused Forms. Perm, 2004. 272 p. (In Russian)
6. Lunev B.S., Naumova O.B. Atlas of Placer Geology. V.1: Placer Formation Factors. Perm, 2005. 344 p. (In Russian)
7. Lunev B.S., Naumova O.B. Atlas of Placer Geology. V.2: Diamonds. Perm, 2011. 382 p. (In Russian)
8. Lunev B.S., Naumov V.A., Naumova O.B. Small-Sized Valuable Minerals in Alluvium // Izvestiya VUZov. Gornyy Zhurnal. Ekaterinburg, 2003. № 6. P.53-56. (In Russian)
9. Naumova O.B., Naumov V.A., Lunev B.S. Thin Gold from Palaeo-valleys of Permian. Materials of 33rd International Geological Congress August 2008, Oslo, Norway [Digital Resource]. URL: www.33igc.org (In English)
10. Naumova O.B., Naumov V.A., Lunev B.S. Palaeo-valleys of Permian Rivers in the Perm region // Fluvial Palaeo-systems: evolution and mineral deposits. Collected papers. Moscow: VIMS. P. 66-72. (In English)
11. Naumova O.B., Naumov V.A., Lunev B.S., Osovetsky B.M. Correlation of Cenozoic Fluvial Sediments in the Urals. Abstract volume FLAG biennial meeting, Clermont-Ferrand, France, 2002. 9-10 September. (In English)