Complex approach to the Problem of Social Security and Human Protection in Contemporary Social Conditions on the Basis of Application of Resource-Potential Analysis
Basic Division: Department of Social Work of Perm State University
Brief Description of Research Activities
The researches within the trend started in 1995.
The main researches are devoted to the specificity of social protection system formation in the context of the changing social and economic structure of Russia, to investigation of new mechanisms of development. One of the ways to improve the effectiveness of both the social system itself and individuals and groups to be protected is the resource-potential approach which is aimed at studying the hidden resource potential and the possibilities of its actualization by means of special technologies.
Selected Publications Characterising Scientific Research Trend
1. Social security and human rights protection in the context of the new social reality: interdisciplinary researches: Proceedings of All-Russian Theoretical and Practical Conference held on 29-30 September 2009 in Perm, Perm State University. Edited by Z.P. Zamaraeva and M.I. Grigorieva. 460p. (In Russian)
2. Social security and human rights protection in the context of the new social reality: interdisciplinary researches: Proceedings of International Theoretical and Practical Conference held on 30 September and 6 October 2010 in Perm, Perm State University. Edited by Z.P. Zamaraeva and M.I. Grigorieva. 480p. (In Russian)
3. Komleva E.V. Graduand of Perm State University, Head of Analysis and Perspective Planning Analytical Management Department under the Perm Region Government “Social security as a factor of quality of life of the Perm Region population”. Proceedings of All-Russian Theoretical and Practical Conference held on 29-30 September 2009 in Perm, Perm State University. Edited by Z.P. Zamaraeva and M.I. Grigorieva. (In Russian)
Training of Researchers
Post-graduate Programme in specialty “Sociology”: 22.00.04 – Social Structure, Social Institutions and Process.
4 graduands for Candidate Degree
3 Post-graduate students
International Research and Educational Activities
As part of the Memorandum on Collaboration between Perm State University and University of Worcester (UK) from 23 of March 2009, seminars are organised:
• “Social project of the youth and social services for the youth”
• “Development of the institution “Foster Home” in England
• “Social worker’s attentiveness and care” (executive Joy Gauci with participation of a client of the social service of Worcester)
• “Families, myth, state and welfare” (executive Teacher of the Department of Applied Social Sciences Yoko Kamenashi)
As part of the contract between Perm State University and Luneburg University (Germany) (6, November 2002) the following programmes were realised:
• Visit of the delegation of Social Work Department of Perm State University to Luneburg University, December 2010; the purpose of the visit – academic exchange, scientific discourse on prevention of violation. Within the programme collaboration was negotiated. The presentations by the post-graduate student of the Faculty of Pedagogy Torsten Tarnovski on “Internet-forum as a form of aid to victims of violence” were made.
• Friederike von Natzmer’s presented a report on “Social Relief Net system in Germany: its development, from the origin to the present state”
• Ute Geiling the specialist of Women Crisis Centre (“Women’s House”) (Luneburg) made a report.
• Discussion with the social work specialists in juvenile justice of Luneburg Petra Petrich and Urgen Kalich,
Participation in International Conferences
Professor I.V. Tereshchenko took part in the First Italy-Russian Conference on Oncology and Endocrine Surgery “Oncology– the XXIth century held on 23-29 May 2010 in Spoleto, Italy and in International Conference in Deli held on October 2010.
Reader T.I. Margolina took part in the International Expert Seminar “Supremacy of Law Reinforcement Assistance in OSCE Region. The Independence of Court System and Administrative Justice Reforms” held on 24-27 March 2010 in Vienna, Austria, by invitation of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany. The seminar was organized by the Centre of OSCE Researches and the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She participated as an expert. T.I. Margolina took part in international programmes, organised in Russia territory by the foreign organisations:
- International Conference “Application of the European Convention on Defense of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms: defiance and potentials” held on 11-12 November 2010. T.I. Margolina acted both as an author of the idea, supported by the European Commission of the EU (TAEIX) and as an organiser of the conference in Perm;
- International conference devoted to the 60th anniversary of European Convention on the Defense of Human Rights and Freedoms held in St. Petersburg (The Institute of Law and Public Policy (Moscow) and the EU, 18-20 November 2010);
- International Conference “Free legal assistance: model of interactions between Public Institutions and Civil society (Russian and foreign experience)” (The Institute of Law and Public Policy, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, 3-4 December 2010, Moscow)
Head of Social Work Department, professor Z.P. Zamaraeva and reader S.E. Gasumova took part in absentia in the International Sociological Congress “Sociology on the Move” (International Sociology Association, 11-17 July 2010 in Gothenburg, Sweden.) The proceedings of the Congress are in English:
Gasumova Svetlana E. Citizens’ Need in Informational Support Provided by the Government in Russia // Russian Sociology on the Move / Ed. by V.A. Mansurov. Moscow: RSS, 2010. P. 474-479. (In Russsian)