Leonid N. Yasnitsky
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics
Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State Technical University, “Aircraft Engines” Faculty, Speciality: “Dynamics and Strength of Machines”, 1973
Post-graduate Study – All-Union SRI of Metallurgical Thermal Engineering, Ekaterinburg, 1982
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Technical Sciences, 1983, Ural Federal University, Ekaterinburg
Senior Research Fellow on “Mechanics of Liquid, Gas and Plasma”, 1988.
Doctor of Technical Sciences, 1997, Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics, Moscow
Professor of Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, 2002.
Stages of Professional Career
Software Engineer, Perm State University Computing Centre, 1974-1983.
Senior Research Fellow, Perm State University Computing Centre, 1974-1983.
Head of Inter-Universities Laboratory of Applied Mathematics, Perm State University, 1983-1999.
Professor of Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, Perm State University, 1999 – up to now.
Professor of Department of Dynamics and Strength of Machines, Perm State Technical University, 2000 – up to now.
Head of Department of Applied Informatics and Artificial Intelligence, Perm State Pedagogical University, 2003 – up to now.
Professor of Department of Financial Management, Perm Branch of Higher School of Economics, 2006 – up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Dissertation Council of Perm State University for Mathematical Modelling, Numerical Methods and Software Packages, 2007-2008.
Member of the Editorial Board of “Neurocomputers: Development, Application” HAC Journal, 2010-up to now.
Member of the Editorial Board of “Issues of Artificial Intelligence” Journal of RAS Academic Council, 2008-2010.
Chairman of RAS Perm Academic Council on Artificial Intelligence Methodology, 2006 – up to now.
Research Projects Management
Supervision of Grant RFBR 01-01-01049-а for “Expert System for Analytical Solution of Continuum Mechanics Boundary Problems”, 2001-2003.
Current Research Activities
Development and application of artificial intelligence methods for modelling, analysis and control of complex dynamic systems in industry, economics, medicine, politology, ecology, sociology and criminalistics. Development of solution methods for boundary problems.
Academic and other Awards
Badge of “RF Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education”, 2008.
MMFaculty Euler Medal “For Merits”, 2005.
Silver Medal and Diploma of World Salon of Inventions, Scientific Research and Innovations, Brussels, Belgium, 2002.
Acknowledgment of Perm Mayor “For Upbringing of Research Cadres”, 2003.
Diploma of the Winner of “The Best Scientific Book - 2008” Contest, 2009.
Total Number of Publications – 250
Research Articles – 170.
Textbooks (Tutorials) – 10.
Author Certificates for Inventions, Patents, Software Certificates – 17.
1. Yasnitsky L.N. Fictitious Canonic Region Method in Continuum Mechanics. М.: Science, Main Edit. Office of Phys.Math. Lit., 1992. 128p. (In Russian)
2. Yasnitsky L.N. Fictitious Canonic Region Method. Southampton-Boston: Computational Mechanics Publications, 1994. 120p.(In English)
3. Gladky S.L., Stepanov N.A., Yasnitsky L.N. Intellectual Modelling of Physical Problems / Edited by Yasnitskiy L.N. М.-Izhevsk: SIC “Regular and Chaotic Dynamics”, 2006. 200p. (In Russian)
4. Yasnitsky L.N., Bondar V.V., Burdin S.N., etc. Perm Scientific School of Artificial Intelligence and its Innovation Projects. М.-Izhevsk: SIC “Regular and Chaotic Dynamics”, 2008. 75 p. (In Russian)
5. Yasnitsky L.N., Danilevich T.V. Modern Scientific Problems М: BINOM. Laboratory of Knowledge, 2008. 294p. (In Russian)
6. Yasnitsky L.N. Introduction to Artificial Intelligence. 3nd Edition. М.: EC”Academy”, 2010. 176p. (In Russian)
7. Yasnitsky L.N. Artificial Intelligence. М.: BINOM. Laboratory of Knowledge, 2011. 240p. (In Russian)