Vladimir V. Malanin
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Specialty: “Mechanics”, 1965
Post-graduate study – Perm State University, 1969
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Physics and Mathematics, 1970, Perm State University
Doctor of Technical Sciences, 2001, PMI SRF (Perm)
Stages of Professional Career
Assistant Lecturer, Perm State University, 1965-1969.
Senior Lecturer, Perm State University, 1969-1971.
Reader, Perm State University, 1971-1975.
Professor, Perm State University, the Appointment of Professor did not take, from 1975 is Appointed Head of the Department.
Head of Department, Perm State University, 1975-up to now.
Pro-Rector for Science, Perm State University,1983-1987.
Rector, Perm State University, 1987-2010.
President, Perm State University, 2010-up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Chairman of two Dissertation Councils, Chief Editor of Inter-Universities Collections of Articles: “Problems of Mechanics and Control”, “Science History and Methodology”, “Perm University Herald”, RF Ministry of Education Theoretical Mechanics Council Presidium Member, Member of Russian Union of Rectors, Council Member of Eurasian University Association, RAS PSC Presidium Member, Member of RAS National Committee for Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Chairman of Perm Region Rector Council.
Member of Professional Academies: Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (1996), Academy of Non-Linear Sciences (1996), International Academy of Infomatization (1995), Tsiolkovskiy Academy of Cosmonautics (1994), International Academy of Higher School(1994).
Management of Research Projects
1. Grant of RFBR No.02-01-96409-r2002ural_а for "Mathematic Modelling of Control Processes for Complex Dynamic Systems", 2002-2003.
2. Grant of CDRF, 2002-2008.
3. Grant of RFBR No. 04-01-96031-r2004ural_а for "Development of Theoretical Basis and Algorithms for Realization of Determinated and Stochastic Analyses Methods and Control of Non-Linear Dynamic Systems with Concentrated Parameters”, 2004-2006.
4. Grant of RFBR No. 07-01-97611-r_ofi for "Computer Simulation and Engineering Analysis Technologies for Prototype Design and Production of High-Tech Engineering Products”, 2007-2008.
5. Grant of RFBR No. 09-01-99006_r_ofi for "Development of Theoretical Apparatus and Effective Simulation and Engineering Analysis Software Packages for Prototype Assessment of High-Tech Engineering Products”, 2009-2010.
Participation in International Projects
Participates in the governing bodies of several international scientific and exchange Programmes (UK, USA, etc).
Supervised works under CRDF Grant, 2002-2008.
Current Research Activities
Scope of Scientific Interests: dynamics of complex deterministic and stochastic systems, computer algebra, mathematical modeling in natural sciences, general and applied mechanics, optimization methods, history of physics and mathematics.
Scientific Supervisor of RFBR Grant No. 09-01-99006-r_ofi for "Development of Theory and Effective Software Packages for Mathematical modelling and Engineering Analysis of High-Tech Engineering Product Prototypes”, 2009-2010.
Academic and other Awards
Honour Certificates of RF Ministry for Education.
Badge for “Excellent Work in the Field of USSR Higher Education”, 1987.
Medal “Veteran of Labour”, 1990.
Supreme Council of the Russian Federation Presidium Honour Certificate, 1992.
Honour Title “Merited Scientific Worker of the Russian Federation”, 1995.
Badge “Honorary Worker of Higher Education”, 1996.
Order “Merit to the Fatherland” IV Grade, 2000.
Memorial Badge “Perm Region Coat of Arms”, 2002.
Ushinskiy Medal, 2002.
Honour Title “Honorary Citizen of Perm Region”, 2003.
Euler Medal “For Merits” of Perm State University Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, 2005.
Stroganov Prize of Permian Fraternity and Diploma of the Contest Winner in “Honour and Dignity” Nomination, 2007.
Diploma of “Person of the Year” Contest Winner Prize in “Science and Education” Nomination for personal contribution to the development of European integration, 2007.
Diploma of Perm Press Nominee in “Education. Person of the Year” Nomination, 2007.
Order “Merit to the Fatherland” III Grade, 2008.
Honour Title “Rector of the Year 2009”, 2009.
Total Number of Publications
Research Articles – 326.
Monographs – 9.
Textbooks (Tutorials) – 6.
Patents, Author Certificates – 15.
1. Development of Information and Communication Competence of Classical University Graduates / S.I. Korniyenko, V.V. Malanin, E.V. Ospennikova, et al.; Perm univ. Perm, 2007. 224 p. (In Russian)
2. Mathematical Modelling of Thermal and Stress-Strain Behaviour of Shells with Filler/ V.N. Alikin, V.V. Malanin, M.I. Sokolovsky, et al. Perm: JSC “RDICMS”, 2007. 109 с. (In Russian)
3. Malanin V.V., Pensky O.G. Conjugated Models of Pulse-Heat Machine Dynamics and Non-Deformable Body Penetration into Continuum: Monograph / Perm Univ. Perm, 2007. 199 p. (In Russian)
4. Malanin V.V., Poloskov I.E. Methods and Dynamic System Random Process Analysis Practice: Tutorial. М.; Izhevsk: SIC "Regular and Chaotic Dynamics”, 2005. 296 p. (In Russian)
5. Malanin V.V., Strelkova N.A. Optimal Control of Solid Body Orientation and Screw Motion. М.; Izhevsk: SIC "Regular and Chaotic Dynamics”, 2004. 204 p. (In Russian)
6. Malanin V.V., Strelkova N.A. Vietoris Method and its Application to the Problems of Statistical Dynamics and Optimal Control. М.; Izhevsk: SIC "Regular and Chaotic Dynamics”, 2002. 140 p. (In Russian)
7. Malanin V.V., Poloskov I.E. Random Processes in Non-Linear Dynamic Systems. Analytical and Numerical Methods of Investigation. М.; Izhevsk: SIC "Regular and Chaotic Dynamics”, 2001. 160 с. (In Russian)
8. Bugayenko G.A., Malanin V.V., Yakovlev V.I. Foundations of Classical Mechanics: Tutorial for Universities. М.: Higher School, 1999. 367 p. (In Russian)
9. Yakovlev V.I., Malanin V.V., Gilev I.B., Karpova V.I. From the History of Mechanics of XVIII-XIX Centuries: Tutorial for Universities / Perm Univ. Perm, 1998. 132 p. (In Russian)
10. Malanin V.V., Shamordin E.A. Collection of Tasks and Exercises on Optimization Methods / Perm Univ. Perm, 1974. 82 p. (In Russian)