Yevgeny L. Tarunin
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics
Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Physics and Mathematics, Specialty: “Physicist-Teacher”, 1960
Post-graduate Study – Perm State Pedagogical Institute, 1968
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Physics and Mathematics, 1968, Perm State University
Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, 1983, USSR AS SB Lavrentev Hydrodynamics Institute
Stages of Professional Career
Engineer, Computing Centre of Perm State University, 1960-1972.
Senior Research Fellow, USSR AS UB Polymer Physics Section, 1972-1984.
Head of Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, Perm State University, 1984-1999.
Professor of Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics, Perm State University, 1999 – up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Dissertation Councils of Perm State University and Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics.
Research Projects Management
Supervision of 3 RFBR Grants (Involvement in 4 RFBR Grants):
1. № 99-01-01-6, “Hydrodynamics and Heat Transfer in Ranque-Hilsch Vortex Tube”, 1994-1996.
2. № 0706-08-0075, “Bifurcation in Convective Problems”, 1998-2000.
3. № 07-01096070 Experimental Study and Simulation of Bifurcation Convective Flows in Inclining Cubic Cavity”, 2007-2009.
Participation in International Projects
Participation in REC for “Non-Equilibrium Transitions in Continuum” partially supported by CRDF.
Current Research Activities
Development of numeric solution methods for the problems of viscous liquid hydrodynamics and thermal convection. Numerical study of non-linear modes of thermal convection. Study of Ranque-Hilsch effect in vortex tubes. Mathematic modelling of various processes (Cooling down of a human being in ice water, convection in bee hives). Modulation of parameters in Mechanical and hydrodynamic systems. Number Theory.
Academic and other Awards
Honour Title “Merited Scientific Worker of Russian Federation”, 1996.
Badge “Veteran of Labour”, 2005.
Badge “Honoured Worker of Higher Professional Education”, 2007.
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics Euler Medal “For Merits”, 2007.
Perm Region Prize of the 1st degree in “Mechanics and Control Systems” Nomination, 2008.
Total Number of Publications
Research Articles – 180.
Monographs – 2.
Textbooks (Tutorials) – 4.
1. Tarunin Ye.L. Convection of Heated from Below Fluid in Closed Vessel if there is the Temperature Depended Viscosity//USSR AS Herald. High Temperature Thermal Physics. 1973. Vol. IX, No.3. pp. 579-587(with G.Z. Gershuni, E.M. Zhukhovitsky). (In Russian)
2. Tarunin Ye.L. Method of Grid Sequence for the Problems of Free Convection// Journ. of Comp. Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. 1975. 15, No.2. pp. 436-445. (In Russian)
3. Tarunin Ye.L. Computational Experiment in Free Convection Problems: Tutorial. Irkutsk: Irkutsk Univ. Press, 1990. 228 p. (In Russian)
4. Tarunin Ye.L. Bifurcation of Stationary Solutions of the System of Equations of Electrodynamics of the Unipolar Injection // Fluid Dynamics. 1994. Vol. 29, No.3. pp. 319-324.(In English)
5. Tarunin Ye.L. Convection in a Hele-Shaw Cell with Allowance for Heat Exchange on the Wide Faces // Fluid Dynamics, 1995. Vol. 30. No.3. pp. 175-182 (with I.O. Keller).(In English)
6. Tarunin Ye.L. Subcritical Motions of Flow with Тemperature Depended Viscosity // Fluid Dynamics. 2001/ Vol. 36, No.4. pp. 574-580 (with O.N. Alikina).(In English)
7. Tarunin Ye.L. Non-Linear Problems of Thermal Convection: Selected Proceedings. Perm, PSU, 2002. 213 p. (In Russian)
8. Tarunin Ye.L. Resonance Driven by Horizontal Oscillations of a Vessel Occupation by a Fluid Heated from Above // Fluid Dynamics. 2002. Vol. 37, No.4. pp. 530-535 (with N.M. Shuklina). (In English)
9. Tarunin Ye.L. Calculation of Heat Transfer in Ranque-Hilsch’s Vortex Tube // Intern. Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluid. 2005. 48. pp. 107-113 (with O.N. Alikina).(In English)
10. Tarunin Ye.L. Effect of Asymmetric Oscillations// Col. Hydrodynamics/ PSU, 2007. Issue. 16. pp. 236-249. (In Russian)
11. Tarunin Ye.L Simulation of Cooling in Ice Water // Rus. Journ. Of Biomechanics. 2005. Vol.9, No.3. pp. 96-105 (with V.G.Khoruzhenko). (In Russian)
12. Tarunin Ye.L. Intensity of Thermal Convection in Bee Hive// Comput. Continuum Mechanics. RAS UB CMI. 2008. Vol. 1, No.2. pp. 16-26 (with A.I. Gakashev). (In Russian)
13. Tarunin Ye.L. Heat and Mass Transfer in Underground Oil and Gas Reservoirs. М. Izhevsk: Computer Research Institute, 2008. 302 pp. (with V.A. Kazaryan, et al.). (In Russian)
14. Tarunin Ye.L. Branching of an Axially-Symmetric Convective Flow // Fluid Dynamics. 2010. Vol. 45, No.2. pp. 287-295 (with A.M. Sharapova).(In English)
15. Tarunin Ye.L. Possibilities of Computational Methods in the Number Theory Problems// PSU Herald. Ser. Mathematics. Mechanics. Informatics. 2010. Issue. 2(2). pp. 15-28. (In Russian)