Stanislav Yu. Khripchenko
1 Akademika Koroleva, Perm 614013, Russian Federation, Continuum Mechanics Institute of UB RAS
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation, Perm State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Department of Continuum Mechanics and Computational Technologies
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Physics, Specialty: “Physics – physics teacher”, Specialization: Physical Hydrodynamics, 1973
Post-graduate study – Perm State University, 1978
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Physics and Mathematics, 1982, Kharkov State University
Senior Research Fellow, 1990.
Doctor of Technical Sciences, 2007, Continuum Mechanics Institute of UB RAS
Stages of Professional Career
Trainee - investigator, Continuum Mechanics Institute of UB RAS, 1973-1975.
Senior Engineer, Continuum Mechanics Institute of UB RAS, 1975-1977.
Junior Research Fellow, Continuum Mechanics Institute, 1977-1983.
Senior Research Fellow, Continuum Mechanics Institute, 1983-1996.
Reader of Department of General Physics, Perm State University, 1991-2008.
Leading Research Fellow, Continuum Mechanics Institute of UB RAS, 1996 – up to now.
Reader of Department of Continuum Physics and Computational Technologies, Perm State University, 2005-2009.
Professor of Department of Applied Physics, Perm State Technical University, 2008 – up to now.
Professor of Department of Continuum Mechanics and Computational Technologies, Perm State University, 2009 – up to now.
Management of Research Projects
1. Job on Topic No. 0.09.07. under Regulation No. 535 of SCST for “Development of Processes in Heavy Duty Aluminium Electrolizers”, 1984-1990.
2. Grant of RFBR 04-01-08024_ ofi_a for “Design and Implementation of Laboratory Prototypes of Technological EVT Devices for Liquid Metal Transportation and Separation in Non-Ferrous Metallurgy”, 2004-2005.
3. Grant of RFBR 07-01-97600_ р_ofi for “Design and Creation of a Laboratory Model of Submersible Electrovortex Pump with Combined Power Supply for Non-Ferrous Metallurgy, 2007-2008
4. Grant of RFBR 07-08-96003 р_ural_а for “Study of Hydrodynamic Processes in Planar Channels of Induction Pumps: Magnetic-Vortex and Transformer Types as well as Travelling Magnetic Field Pump”, 2007-2009.
5. Contract with the Administration of the Perm Region No. IP 03-04, 2004-2006.
POTOK Project (design and creation of MHD pump for magnesium feed to the casting conveyor), 2004-2006.
Participation in International Projects
1. Management of research contract with The Research Centre in Rossendorf (Germany), 2006: Сontract No. MHD 6-05 for development of a special electromagnetic pump between Forschungszentrum Rossendorf (FZR), Inc.P.O.Box 510119, 01314 Dresden, Germany, Development of a special electromagnetic stirrer.
2. Management of research contract with CIDAUT company (Spain), 2006: Contract No. MHD 8-06 for development of a special electromagnetic stirrer for aluminium CIDAUT Foundation (Research and Development Center in Transport and Energy), named as a customer, Light Alloys Department.
3. Management of research contract with CIDAUT company (Spain), 2010, for development of a special MHD pump for magnesium and its alloys and a Mg-Flow meter.
Current Research Activities
Magnetic Hydrodynamics: electrovortex flows in plane channels; experimental and theoretical studies of conducting fluid flows under the influence of magnetic fields in plane channels; study of magnetohydrodynamic processes in plane channels of process equipment; application of MHD effects for new technologies and equipment in metallurgy and casting industry.
Academic and other Awards
Two Certificates of Honour from the Presidium of Russian Academy of Sciences for long and diligent work.
Total Number of Publications – 170.
Ressearch articles – 70.
Patents and inventor’s certificates – 27.
Monographs – 1.
Tutorials – 3.
1. Khripchenko S.Yu. Electrovortex Flows in the Channels of MHD Devices. Yekaterinburg: UB RAS, 2009. 261 p. (In Russian)
2. Khalilov R.I., Khripchenko S.Yu., Frik P.G. and Stepanov R.A. Electromagnetic Measurements of the Level of a Liquid Metal in Closed Volumes//Measurement Techniques. 2007. Vol.50.No.8. pp.861-866.(In English)
3. Khripchenko S., Kolesnichenko I., Dolgikh V., Denisov S. Pumping Effect in a Plane MHD Channel with an Electrovortex Flow// Magnetohydrodynamics. 2008. Vol. 44, No. 3. pp. 303–313.(In English)
4. Kolesnichenko I., Khalilov R., Khripchenko S. Vortical Flow of Conducting Fluid Driven by an Alternating Magnetic Field in a Plane Channel// Magnetohydrodynamics. 2007. Vol.43, No.1. pp.45-52.(In English)
5. Kolesnichenko I., Khripchenko S., Buchenau D., Gerbeth G. Flow in a Square Layer of Conducting Fluid // Magnetohydrodynamics. 2005. Vol. 41, No. 1. pp. 39-51.(In English)
6. Noskov V., Denisov S., Frick P., Khripchenko S., Sokoloff D. and Stepanov R. Magnetic Field Rotation in the Swirling Gallium Flow// Eur. Phys. J. 2004. Vol. 41. pp. 561-568.In English)
7. Bourgoin M., Volk R., Frick P., Khripchenko S., Odier P., Pinton J.-F. Induction Mechanisms in Von Karman Swirling Flows of Liquid Gallium // Magnetohydrodynamics. 2004. Voi.40, No.1. pp.3-21. (In English)
8. Frick P., Khripchenko S., Denisov S., Sokoloff D. Pinton J.-F. Effective Magnetic Permeability of a Turbulent Fluid Flow with Macroferroparticles // European Physical Journal. 2002. Vol.25, pp.399-402.(In English)
9. Kolesnichenko I., Khripchenko S. Mathematical Simulation of Hydrodynamic Processes in the Centrifugal MHD Pump// Magnetohydrodynamics. 2002. Vol. 38, No. 4. pp. 39-46.(In English)
10. Denisov S.А., Noskov V.I., Sokolov D.D., Frick P.G., Khripchenko S.Yu. On Feasibility of Laboratory Realization of Non-Stationary MHD Dynamo // J. Mechanics. 1999. Vol. 365, No.4. pp.478-489. (In Russian)
11. Mann M.E., Khripchenko S.Yu. Semi-Empirical Model of Hydrodynamic Processes in Aluminium Electrolizer Bath //J. Magnetic Hydrodynamics. 1992. No.1. pp.87-95(In Russian)
12. Khripchenko S.Yu. Electrovortex Flows in Thin Layers of Conducting Fluid // J. Magnetic Hydrodynamics. 1991. No.1. pp.126-129. (In Russian)