Viktor N. Terpugov
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics
Department of Continuum Mechanics and Computational Technologies.
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Specialty: “Applied Mathematics”, 1976
Post-graduate study – Leningrad Polytechnical Institute, 1982
Two-year foreign language course at Perm State University for specialists of Ministries and Government Departments visiting foreign countries on errands, 1987
Traineeships: CMI (Perm), 1986, 2005; MSU (Moscow), 1987; Technological University (Helsinki, Finland), 1989; StPPU (St.Petersburg), 1993; Northwestern University (Evanston, USA), 2007.
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Technical Sciences 1982. Leningrad Polytecnical Institute
Stages of Professional Career
Senior Assistant, Engineer, All-Union R&D Institute of Marine Geology and Geophysics, Riga, 1975–1976.
Engineer, Mathematician-Programmer, Engineer-Mathematician-Programmer of computational centre, Perm State University, 1976–1979.
Post-graduate student of Department of Structural Mechanics and Theory of Elasticity, Leningrad Polytechnical Institute, 1979–1982.
Assistant Lecturer of Department of Applied Mathematics, Perm State University, 1983-1985.
Deputy Dean of Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Perm State University, 1984-1986.
Senior Lecturer of Department of Applied Mathematics, Perm State University, 1985-1989.
Reader of Department of Applied Mathematics, Perm State University, 1989-1999.
Reader, Deputy Head of Department of Applied Mechanics and Computational Technologies, Perm State University, 1999-2004.
Reader, Deputy Head of Department of Continuum Mechanics and Computational Technologies, Perm State University, 2004 – up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Academic Council of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Perm State University
Management of Research Projects
1. Grant of RFBR for 2001-2003. «Design of the models of buildings and constructions under the dynamical loads, taking into account the waves going away from investigated object»,
2. Project management for the Department of Innovative Educational Programme of PSU, 2006-2007.
3. R&D contract for “Numerical Solution in Three-dimensional Formulation of Geomechanical Problems for Deloading of “International” Mine Shaft (JSC “Alrosa)”, Using ANSYS Licensed Software Package”, 2007.
4. Grant of RFBR for “Finite Element Modelling in Displacement, Mixed and Combined Forms on a Parallel (Cluster) Computing System of the Wave Elasticity and Viscoelasticity Tasks to Define the Displacements and Stress due to the Different Dynamical Sources, Including the Seismic, when it’s Necessary to Take into Account the Wave Energy Going Away from the Investigated Area”, 2007-2009.
5. Grant of UOD for “Feasibility Study of Independent Parallelization of Various Steps of Finite Element Procedure for Continuum Mechanics Problem Solutions. Elaboration and Programme Realization of Some Parallel Algorithms for the Step of Forming Two- and Three-dimensional FE Grids”, 2010-2011.
6. Grant of RFBR for «Computational Modelling of the Initiation and Development of the Tooth Enamel Demineralization Focus (incipient caries) and its Treatment by the Icon Light-Cure Polymer Composite Filling»,2011-2013.
Participation in International Projects
Grant of CRDF and RF Ministry of Education No.REC PE-009, 2002− up to now.
Grant of CRDF for “Deformation Processes in Materials under Various Physical and Chemical Transitions”, 2007−2008.
Current Research Activities
Computational modeling for Dynamic Problems of the Solid Mechanics. Elaboration, study and programme realization of FEM-algorithms for dynamic problems. Finite-Element Modelling of Wave Problems in Unbounded Media. Computational simulation of the dynamic problem: “The Massive Building on the Unbounded Foundation Under the Seismic Loading”. Effective realization of FE algorithms. Parallelization of FEM algorithms.
Academic and other Awards
Medal of L. Euler for Services to the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Perm State University, 2005.
Certificate of Honour issued by RF Ministry of Education and Science, 2006.
Total Number of Publications – 66.
Research articles – 37.
Textbooks (tutorials) – 4.
Methodological essays – 11.
Rospatent Certificates (computer programmes) – 3.
1. Terpugov V.N., Rozin L.А., Konstantinov I.А. Solution of Non-Stationary Elasticity Problems for Seismic Calculation of Structures by FEM// J. URDIG of Vedeneev. 1985. Vol.181. pp.98-105.(In Russian)
2. Terpugov V.N., Rozin L.А., Konstantinov I.А. FEM in Elasticity Theory Dynamic Problems with Given Jumps of Sought-for Functions // Proceedings of Leningrad Polytechnical Institute. 1985. No.405. pp.25-31. (In Russian)
3. Terpugov V.N. Algorithmic Simulation of Infinite Domains for Wave Problem Solution by FEM // Research on Calculation of Plates and Shells. Rostov on Don, 1986. pp.16-21. (In Russian)
4. Terpugov V.N. FEM Algorithm for Solution of Non-stationary Problems of Linear Elasticity Theory // Dynamics and Strength Issues. Riga: Zinatne, 1987. Vol.48. pp.34-45. (In Russian)
5. Terpugov V.N., Omelchak I.М. “ELASOIL” Software Package for Calculation of Statics and Dynamics of “Foundation-Soil” System // Foundations in Ural Geologic Environment: Inter-University Research Proceedings. 1989. pp. 22-27. (In Russian)
6. Terpugov V.N. FEM Algorithm for Linear Elasticity Dynamics Problems// Journal of Structural Mechanics. 1994. Vol. 27, No.1. pp.26-35.(In English)
7. Terpugov V.N. FEM Simulation of Massive Construction SSB for Seismic Resistance// Proceedings of IX All-Russia Workshop “Current Problems of Mathematic Modelling”, September 17-21, 2001, Durso. pp.335-344. (In Russian)
8. Terpugov V.N. Variational Formulation of Static and Dynamic Elasticity Theory for Problems with Given Jumps of Sought-for Functions// Perm University Herald, 2003. Vol.5. Mathematics. Mechanics. Informatics. pp.111-116. (In Russian)
9. Terpugov V.N. FE Algorithms Based on Combined Variational Formulations in Convolutions for Elasticity Theory Dynamic Problems with Given Jumps of Sought-for Functions//Perm University Herald. 2005. Vol.2.Mathematics. Mechanics. Informatics. pp.195-202. (In Russian)
10. Terpugov V.N. FEM Algorithms Based on Combined Variational Formulations in Convolutions for Elasticity Theory Dynamic Problems with Given Jumps of Sought-for Functions// Mixed Problems of Deformable Body Mechanics: Proceedings of V Russian Conference with International Participation, Saratov, August 23-25, 2005. Saratov: Saratov University Publishing, 2005. pp. 307-311. (In Russian)
11. Terpugov V.N., Molchanov V.N. FEM and PEM (Parallelizing Elements) Mixed Algorithms for Static and Dynamic Problems of Elasticity Theory Based on the First Forms of Reissner Functionals (for Dynamics – in Convolutions)// Mixed Problems of Deformable Body Mechanics: Proceedings of V Russian Conference with International Participation, Saratov, August 23-25, 2005. Saratov: Saratov University Publishing, 2005. pp.236-237. (In Russian)
12. Terpugov V.N. Formulation and Solution, within Non-Stationary Elasticity Theory, of the Problem of Determining Seismic Stress State of Massive Structures and Rock Massifs by FEM. Current Problems and Perspectives of Mechanics: Proceedings of International R&D Conference. May 17-18, 2006, Tashkent, 2006. pp.403-405. (In Russian)
13. Terpugov V.N. On Feasibility of FE Algorithms Composition for Dynamic Problems of Elasticity Theory// Perm University Herald, 2007. Vol.7. Mathematics. Mechanics. Informatics. pp.140-144. (In Russian)
14. Terpugov V.N. Rozin L.А. Elastic Equilibrium Problems Variational Formulation with Simultaneously Given Jumps of Stresses and Displacements// St.Petersburg State Polytechnical University Herald. Science and Education. 2009. No.1. pp 65-72. (In Russian)
15. Terpugov V.N. Algorithmic Way of Modelling Infinite Domains for Wave Problem Solution by FEM// Proceedings of XXIII International Conference “Mathematical Modelling in Mechanics of Deformable Bodies and Structures. Methods of Boundary Values and Finite Elements”. St.Petersburg, 2009. Vol.2. pp.441-448. (In Russian)
16. Terpugov V.N. ELASOIL FEM SD BASIC Software Package for Static and Dynamic Plain Problems of Elasticity Theory. Certificate of Computer Programme State Registration No.2010611556. Application No.2009617534. Entered in the Computer Programme State Register on February 25, 2010. (In Russian)