Nina S. Bochkareva
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures
Department of World Literature and Culture
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Philology, 1983.
Candidate of Philology, specialty 10.01.08. “Theory of Literature”
Candidate Dissertation “Images of visual artworks in literature” (based of the fiction of the first half of the XIX-th century), M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, 1996.
Doctoral Dissertation “The novel about Artist as the novel of creation in the literatures of Western Europe and the USA in the XVIII-XIX centuries: genesis and poetics”, specialty 10.01.03. “Foreign Literature” (Western European Literature), Moscow State Pedagogical University – 2001.
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Philology, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, 1996.
Reader, Department of World Literature and Culture, 2000.
Doctor of Philology, Moscow State Pedagogical Institute, 2002.
Professor, Department of World Literature and Culture, 2009.
Stages of Professional Career
1987 – Editor of the Journal “Perm State University”.
1991 – Teacher of World Artistic Culture, Classical School 69.
1992 – Assistant Lecturer, Department of Foreign Literature, Perm State University.
1994 – Senior Lecturer, Department of Foreign Literature, Perm State University.
1998 – Reader, Department of Foreign Literature, Perm State University.
2002 - present time – Professor, Department of World Literature and Culture, Perm State University.
2003 – Deputy Dean, Faculty of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures.
2009 present time – Editor-in-Chief of the Scientific Journal “Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology”.
Membership in Academic Councils and other State and Public Associations
Member of Dissertation Council D 212.189.11. for Doctoral Theses, Perm State University.
Member of Internet Society “Russian Culture Studies”.
Member of Association of Teachers of Foreign Literature.
Member of Russian Association of Germanists.
Member of Russian Society for the USA Cultural Studies.
Research Project Management
Scientific and Technical Programme of the Ministry of Education “Language, Culture, Society” №03.0100.99f, “The novel of culture: genesis and poetics”, 1999.
Grant of the Ministry of Science and Education of the Russian Federation – Unified Order 1.2.10. – “Forms of crisis consciousness reflection in culture and literature at the turn of centuries”, 2010-2011.
Grant of Russian Science Foundation for the Humanities № 10-03-82305 a/U “Languages of regional culture: Perm fiction”, 2010-2011.
Current Research Activities
The range of scientific interests is the following: investigation of the problems of interaction and synthesis of literature and other arts; comparative historical analysis of the novel about artist, novel about culture and novel about the novel in Western Europe, Russia and the USA.
Since 2006 – organisation of international conferences and editing of the Annual Scientific Journal “World Literature in the Cultural Aspect”.
Since 2010 – scientific supervision of the Laboratory for Comparative Historical Research and Cultural Innovations.
Total Number of Publications
Scientific articles – 205.
Monographs – 5.
Study Guides – 3.
1. Bochkareva N.S. The novel of the Artist as a “Novel of Creation”: genesis and poetics: monograph / Perm State University, Perm, 2000, 252 p. (In Russian)
2. Bochkareva N.S., Pikuleva I.A. Artistic synthesis in Aubrey Beardsley’s literary heritage: monograph / Perm State University. Perm, 2010. p. 254. (In Russian)
3. Bochkareva N.S., Suslova I.V. The novel about the Novel: overcoming of genre crisis (case study of Russian and French literatures of the 1920s): monograph / Perm State University. Perm, 2010. 148 p. (In Russian)
4. Bochkareva N.S. World Artistic Culture for the Faculties of Philology: Study Guide in 2 parts / Perm State University. Perm, 2003. Part 1. 134 p. 2008. Part 2. 180 p. (In Russian)
5. Bochkareva N.S. The History of Foreign Literature: Middle Ages and Renaissance: Study Guide / Perm State University. Perm, 2009. 136 p. (In Russian)
6. Bochkareva N.S. Images of visual artworks in romantic novels // The problems of method and poetics in Foreign Literature of the XIX-XXth centuries/ Perm State University. Perm, 1995. pp. 23-37. (In Russian)
7. Bochkareva N.S. Images of visual artworks in the novel of artistic culture at the first half of the XIXth century // Traditions of interaction in Foreign Literatures / Perm State University. Perm, 1996. pp. 35-53. (In Russian)
8. Bochkareva N.S. Art and Artist in the novel “The Collector” and in the story “The Ebony Tower” by John Fowles / The problems of method and poetics in the Foreign Literature of the XIX-XXth centuries / Perm State University. Perm, 1997. pp. 92-102. (In Russian)
9. Bochkareva N.S. On two variants of the “novel of Creation” in English Literature of the second half of the XIXth century (R.Kipling and O.Wilde) // Anglistica: Collection of papers about the British and Russian Literature and Culture. Iss. VII. Moscow, 1999. pp. 64-76. (In Russian)
10. Bochkareva N.S. Hermann Hesse’s “Klingsors letzter Sommer” as the novel about Artist / Traditions of interaction in the Foreign Literatures of the XIX-XXth centuries / Perm State University. Perm, 1999. pp. 140-155. (In Russian)
11. Bochkareva N.S. “Over the Town” by Mark Chagall and Ulrich Grasnick: the dialogue of Artist and Poet // Synthesis in Russian and World Artistic Culture. Moscow: Moscow State Pedagogical University, 2003. pp. 119-122. (In Russian)
12. Bochkareva N.S. The novels of Travel by J.W. Goethe and A. Bitov // Goethe in the Russian culture of the XX-th century / ed. by G.V. Yakusheva. Moscow: Science, 2004. pp. 190-200. (In Russian)
13. Bochkareva N.S. Paradox of an actor in Peter Ackroyd’s “The Last Testament of Oscar Wilde” // Problems of artistic exploration of reality in British Literature. Moscow: A.M. Gorky Literature Institute, 2004. pp. 21-28. (In Russian)
14. Bochkareva N.S. The motif of “severed head” in I.Murdoch’s novel (1961) // Foreign Literature: historical, cultural and typological aspects, Tyumen: Tyumen University Press, 2005. pp. 138-143. (In Russian)
15. Bochkareva N.S. The Self and the Other in the novel “Fight Club” by Chuck Palahniuk and in the story “The Enemy’s Cosmetique” by Amelie Nothomb // The Self and the Other in the text: inter-university collection of papers: Perm-Ljubljana, 2007. pp. 141-148. (In Russian)
16. Bochkareva N.S. Tchaikovsky-Diaghilev-Proust: hypothesis of Venteille’s musical phrase // S.P. Diaghilev and modern culture: Proceedings of the International Symposium – IVth Diaghilev Readings. Perm, 2007. pp. 46-53. (In Russian)
17. Bochkareva N.S. Punchinello Mask: Diaghilev’s “trace” in the story “The Portrait” by Aldous Huxley // S.P. Diaghilev and contemporary culture. Perm: House-Museum of Diaghilev, 2009. pp. 216-222. (In Russian)
18. Bochkareva N.S. Functions of pictorial ekphrasis in the novel “The Ship of Fools” by Gregory Norminton // Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology, 2009. Iss. 6. pp. 81-92. (In Russian)
19. Bochkareva N.S. The “problem-caprice”: Hamlet in the aspect of Verlaine’s poetry in Innokenty Annensky’s criticism // I.F. Annensky (1855-1909): materials and investigations, Moscow, A.M. Gorky Literature Institute Press, 2009. pp. 196-205. (In Russian)
20. Bochkareva N.S. Forms of expression of consciousness crisis in culture and literature at the turn of centuries // Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology, 2010. Iss. 2 (8). pp. 111-118. (In Russian)
21. Bochkareva N.S. The paradox of the Artist in the novel “Diary” by Chuck Palahniuk // Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology, 2010. Iss. 4 (10). pp. 202-210. (In Russian)
22. Bochkareva N.S. The typology of “novels about painting” in modern English Literature // Genre and its metamorphoses in Russian and English Literature. Vladimir: Vladimir State Humanities University, 2010. pp. 87-91. (In Russian)
23. Bochkareva N.S. Gender and local flavour in L.Ulitskaya’s dilogy “Little Sophie” and “The Funeral Party” // India and Russia in the Third Millennium: Dialogue of Cultures. 3rd International Conference. New Delhi: The International Association of Teachers of Indian Language and Literature, 2010. pp. 21-24. (In Russian)
24. Bochkareva N.S. The novel of Culture, its theoretical and historical poetics // Cahiers de l’echinox Vol. 16. Fortunes et infortunes des genres littéraires en Europe. Cluj, România, 2009. pp. 371-379. (European Research Index for the Humanities) (In English)
25. Bochkareva N.S. Vasilij Kamenskij and Aubrey Beardsley: vulgar Russia versus refined Britain // Acta litteraria comparative: Transformations of the European Landscape: Encounters between the Self and the Other. Vilnius: VPU leidykla, 2010-2011. pp. 322-337. (In Russian)