Tatyana B. Karpova
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Philology
Department of Russian Language and Stylistics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1983 – Perm State University, Faculty of Philology.
1988 – Post-graduate study, Perm State University, Department of Russian Language and Stylistics.
Аcademic Degrees and Titles
1988 – Candidate of Philology, Kharkov State University.
1994 – present time – Reader.
Stages of Professional Career
1988-1991 – Assistant Lecturer, Department of Russian Language and Stylistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1991-1993 – Senior Lecturer, Department of Russian Language and Stylistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2005-2007 – Senior Research Fellow, Department of Russian Language and Stylistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1993 – present time – Reader, Department of Russian Language and Stylistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
Research Project Management
1. 2009-2010 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 09-04-82408 а/U “Perm political discourse in Internet from linguistic point of view”.
2. 2009-2011 – Analytical Departmental Target Programme “Development of Russian High School Potential” “Types of discourse in the Russian Internet”.
Current Research Activities
Functional Stylistics; Discourse Linguistics; Linguistic and Cultural Studies; Russian Language Teaching Theory.
Total Number of Publications
Scientific articles – 97.
Textbooks – 5.
1. Karpova T.B. Self-representation in the Internet and its verbal realisation // Perm University Herald. Philology. Iss. 3. Language. Culture. Civilisation. Perm, 2006. pp. 256-264. (In Russian)
2. Karpova T.B. Russian speech in informal Internet communication // Stylistyka-XVI. Оpole, 2007. pp. 479-492. (In Russian)
3. Karpova T.B. Political discourse in Russian Internet // Journal “Stil”. Iss. 6. Belgrade. 2007. pp. 139-152. (In Russian)
4. Karpova T.B. Occasional lexis in the Internet // Stereotype and creativity in the text: inter-university collection of papers. Perm State University. Perm, 2008. pp. 197-204. (In Russian)
5. Karpova T.B. Language shocking techniques in Russian contemporary mass media: functional and dysfunctional // Language behaviour ethics of the Russian journalist. (Collective monograph). Saint-Petersburg, 2009. pp. 243-268. (in co-authorship with L.R. Duskaeva) (In Russian)
6. Karpova T.B. Shock value as a style dominant of the Internet mass media // Stylistyka-XVIII. Opole, 2009. pp. 263-273. (In Russian)
7. Karpova T.B. Entertainment discourse of Russian Internet // Perm University Herald. Series “Russian and Foreign Philology”. Iss. 2 (8). Perm, 2010. pp. 70-77. (In Russian)
8. Karpova T.B. Categorial features of Russian Internet discourse // Perm State University Herald. Series “Russian and Foreign Philology”. Iss. 3 (9), Perm, 2010. pp. 70-74. (In Russian)
9. Karpova T.B. Entertainment discourse of Russian Internet in social and cultural space of contemporary Russia // Media. Democracy. Market. Part 2: Mass media functioning in the sphere of entertainment. Saint-Petersburg, 2010. pp. 133-138. (In Russian)
10. Karpova T.B. The Russian language norms in tables and tests: Study Guide. Perm State University. Perm: “Merchant Tarasov’s Print Shop, Ltd.” Press, 2009. 224 p (in co-authorship with E.A. Bazhenova, L.R. Duskaeva). (In Russian)