Investigation of Cultural Heritage of the Perm Region
Basic Divisions: Department of Journalism
Brief Description of Research Activities
The scientific activity within the trend is devoted to investigation of cultural heritage and cultural life of the Perm region using semiotic, historical and typological methods. Cultural life and heritage of the region is considered as a developing integral cultural text which is characterised by the local specificity and having influence on the symbolic development of the local community and its identity.
The main problems of investigation within the scientific trend are the following:
cultural and symbolic resources of the region and problems of their representation in mass media; cultural heritage of the Perm Region in the systematic aspect; interaction of cultural and geographical features; language representation of the urban environment and language policy as a harmony forming factor of social relations; urban subcultures and everyday life culture; the policy of mass media and a public address system; policy of historical memory preservation.
Selected Publications Characterising Scientific Research Trend
1. Abashev V.V. The Urals in search of its own individuality (Arkaim in the Ural neo-mythology of the 1990s). // Europa Orientalis. Studi e Ricerche sui Paesi e le Culture dell`est Europeo. XXII. 2003. S.13-23. (In Russian)
2. Abachev V. Perm et ses mythes // Les sites de la memoire russe. Tom: Geographie de la memoire russe. Paris: Fayard, 2007. P. 98 – 111. (In French)
3. Abashev V.V., Vlasova E.G., Masaltseva T.N. Russian literature of the late XIX-th – the early XX-th centuries in the Perm periodicals (1890 – 1917): Annotated bibliographical index. Perm, 2007. 440 p. (In Russian)
4. Abashev A.A. Perm as a text. 2nd Edition, enlarged. Perm, 2008. 496 p. (In Russian)
5. Abashev V.V., Vlasova E.G., Korchagin P.A., Firsova A.V. Vsevolodo-Vilva at the crossroads of Russian culture. Saint-Petersburg: “Mamatov” Press, 2008. 304 p. (In Russian)
6. Abashev A.A., Mamin-Sibiryak D.N. At the origins of the Urals geographical poetics // The Ural Historical Herald. № 1 (22). 2009. pp. 51 – 59. (In Russian)
The Most Significant Fundamental and Applied Research Projects
The scientific projects of the trend are realised by the Social Cultural Fund “Yuryatin” (Perm and the Perm Region) within the Programmes of the Ministry of Culture, Youth Policy and Mass Communications and the Ministry of Trade and Business Activity Support of the Perm Region. The range of the projects is as follows: development of excursion routes for Perm and the Perm Region, development of the system of thematic tourist parks, opening of the museum complex “Boris Pasternak’s House”, development of creative business in Vsevolodo-Vilva.
Training of Researchers (Post-graduate and Doctoral Programmes)
2003-2009 – 5 scholars were conferred the degree of Candidate of Science, specialties 10.01.01 – «Russian Literature» and 10.01.10 – «Journalism».
International Research and Educational Activities
1. Participation in the international research project “Culture of the Russian province” (jointly with the University of Bergamo).
2. Participation in the project “Les sites de la memoire russe” (“The sites of the Russian memory”) under the guidance of George Nivat.