Elena G. Vlasova
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Philology
Department of Journalism
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1992 – Perm State University, Faculty of Philology.
2000 – Post-graduate study, Faculty of Philology, Ural State University.
Аcademic Degrees and Titles
2001 – Candidate of Philology, Ural State University.
2000 – Reader, Department of Journalism, Perm State University.
Stages of Professional Career
1992 – 2002 – Junior Research fellow, Scientific and Research Sector, Perm State University.
2002 – Assistant Lecturer, Department of Russian Language and Stylistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2002 – 2006 – Assistant Lecturer, Department of Journalism, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2006-2008 – Senior Lecturer, Department of Journalism, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2008 – present time – Reader, Department of Journalism, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Scientific Council of Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
Member of Scientific Council of the Perm Regional Local History Museum.
Member of Public Council “Perm Library”, the Ministry of Culture, Youth Policy and Mass Communications.
Expert of Perm Public Cultural Fund “Yuryatin”.
Research Project Management
1. 2008-2009 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 08-04-82409а/U “Literary life of a provincial city of the late XIXth-the early XXth century”.
2. 2009 – Grant of the Ministry of Industry, Innovations and Science of the Perm Region – publication of the book “River and mountain: local discourses” / Symposium book of the International Scientific Conference “The Urals and the Carpathians: local discourse of mountain areas”.
3. 2011 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities “Reflection of the process of regional identity development in the Perm Region periodicals (1840s – 1890s)”.
Participation in International Projects:
Participation in the international research project “The Urals and the Carpathians: local discourse of mountain areas”. (Jointly with Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Skopje, Macedonia).
Current Research Activities
Investigation of the Ural travelogues of the XVII-the early XXth century; investigation of development of the Perm Region territorial identity in mass media and literature of the XIXth century.
Academic and other Awards
1997 – Laureate of the Perm Region Contest in the sphere of culture and arts.
2000 – Laureate of the “Minor Booker Prize”.
2008 – Laureate of the Perm Region Contest in the sphere of culture and arts.
Total Number of Publications
Scientific articles – 65.
Monographs – 2.
1. Vlasova E.G. Perm in the local newspaper satirical articles of the late XIXth-the early XXth century // Geographical panorama of Russian culture: province and its local texts. Moscow, 2004. pp. 295-310. (In Russian)
2. Vlasova E.G. M.A. Osorgin’s Moscow letters: at the beginning of “the road which one has dreamt of since the childhood…” // Michael Osorgin: artist and journalist. Perm, 2006. pp. 104-112. (In Russian)
3. Vlasova E.G. “This is a loose concept… the downtown in the oral stories of Perm citizens // Philological Notes. Perm – Skopje. 2008. Vol. 2 http://philologicalstudies.org. 0,5 sheet. (In Russian)
4. Vlasova E.G. Perm “Travel literature” in the XXth century: place and narration strategy // The Ural literature: history and modernity. Iss. 4. Local texts and types of regional narratives. Yekaterinburg: Ural State University Press, 2008. pp. 306-312. (In Russian)
5. Vlasova E.G. Provincial periodical literature of the late XIXth-the early XXth century: materials of the Perm periodicals // I-format. Provincial journalism. Scientific and popular almanac. Iss. 4. Stavropol, 2008. pp. 134-139. (In Russian)
6. Vlasova E.G. River and mountain in representations of the Urals of the XIXth-the early XXth century (case study of travel sketches) / River and mountain: local discourses. Symposium book of the International Scientific and Practical Conference “The Urals and the Carpathians: local discourse of mountain areas” (29-30 October, 2009, Perm). Perm, Perm State University, 2009. pp. 59-69. (In Russian)
7. Vlasova E.G. Towards the northern rivers: A.P. Chekhov in Vsevolodo-Vilva // Vsevolodo-Vilva at the crossroad of Russian culture. Book of sketches. Saint-Petersburg, 2008. pp. 158-169. (In Russian)
8. Vlasova E.G. Permyaks telling Permyaks: Komi-Permyaks in the Russian Perm periodicals of the XIXth-the early XXth century // The Ural literature: history and modernity: collection of papers. Iss. 5: National world images in the regional aspect / Institute of History and Archeology of the Ural branch, the Russian Academy of Sciences. Yekaterinburg: Ural State University Press, 2010. pp. 81-90. (In Russian)
9. Vlasova E.G. The Chud in the “scientific” travels around the Ural in the late XVIIIth century // Collection of papers devoted to D.D. Smyshlyaev: investigations and materials on Perm culture and history. Iss. 2. Perm, 2010. pp. 58-64. (In Russian)
10. Vlasova E.G. “Travel discourses” of the Ural travelogue of the XVIIIth-the early XXth century // Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology. 2010. №6. pp. 115-122. (In Russian)