Larissa M. Alexeeva
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures
Department of English Philology
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Philology, 1970.
Post-graduate Programme, Perm State University, 1989.
Doctor of Philology, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia.
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Philology, 1991, Saratov State University.
Doctor of Philology 1999, Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia.
Reader – 1998.
Professor – 2003.
Stages of Professional Career
Assistant Lecturer, Romano-Germanic Department, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University, 1970-1981.
Senior Lecturer, Department of English Philology, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University, 1982-1988.
Deputy Dean, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University, 1982-1994.
Reader, Perm State University, 1998-2003.
Professor , Perm State University, 2003 – till present time.
Head of Department of English Philology Perm State University, 2004 – till present time.
Membership in Academic Councils and other State and Public Associations
Member of Scientific Council of the Faculty of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures.
Member of Scientific Council of Perm State University.
Member of Dissertation Council, Perm State University, specialties 10.02.12. “Language Theory”, 10.02.01. “Russian Language”, 10.01.01. “Russian Literature”. Since 2000.
Member of Editorial Board of the Journal “Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology”.
Research Project Management
Programme “Linguistics, Translation and Cross-cultural Competence Technologies”. Since 2000.
Participations in International Projects
1. Participation in the European Symposium on Language for Special Purposes (Finland, Vaasa 2001; Great Britain, Guilford 2003; Italy, Bergamo 2008; Germany, Hamburg 2007; Denmark Aarhus 2008).
2. Participation in the International Student Seminar for compilation of the electronic encyclopedic dictionary «Florence in the works of famous culture figures” as a part of collaboration with Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation (Italy, Florence). Since 2009.
Current Research Activities
Development of the Theory of Translation Activity in the aspect of the new principles of the Humanities development which are the following: anthropocentrism, cognitive study and thought acting.
Development of the technique for special text translation (scientific, business) based on the innovative principles and approaches to translation; the problems of professional language and communication are researched.
Academic and other Awards
Laureate of P.A. Florensky Award of the Russian Society of Terminology for contribution to the development of Russian Terminology Science, 1999.
Honorary Figure of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation, 2006.
International Award of Austrian Branch of UNESCO, International Terminology Centre (INFOTERM), Eugen Wüster Special Prize, 2006.
Total number of Publications
Scientific articles – 187.
Monographs – 2.
Study Guides – 2.
1. Alexeeva L.M. On metaphorical character of the term // Perm University Herald. Linguistics. Perm, 1996, Iss. 2, pp. 49-56. (In Russian)
2. Alexeeva L.M. Motivation as an attribute of the term // Terminology Science, Moscow, “Moscow Lyceum” Press, 1997. №1-3. pp. 19-27. (In Russian)
3. Alexeeva L.M. Metaphorical term formation and text production // Terminology Science, Moscow, “Moscow Lyceum” Press, 1997. №1-3. pp. 109-115. (In Russian)
4. Alexeeva L.M. Specificity of scientific metaphorization // Philological Vestnik, Moscow, “Moscow Lyceum” Press, 1997. Vol. 82. №112. pp. 132-141. (In Russian)
5. Alexeeva LM. General regularities of metaphorical term functioning in the scientific text // Functional researches: collection of papers, Moscow: “Moscow Lyceum” Press, 1998. Iss. 6. pp. 27-36. (In Russian)
6. Alexeeva L.M. Term production as a basis of scientific creative work // Terminology Science, Moscow, “Moscow Lyceum” Press, 1997. №1-3. pp. 19-27. (In Russian)
7. Alexeeva L.M. Terminological metaphorization as a process of similarity creation // Terminology Science, Moscow, “Moscow Lyceum” Press, 1998. №1-3. pp. 34-43. (In Russian)
8. Alexeeva L.M. Term and Metaphor / Perm State University. Perm, 1998. 250 p. (In Russian)
9. Alexeeva L.M. Problems of term and term formation / Perm State University. Perm, 1998. 120 p. (In Russian)
10. Alexeeva L.M. On specificity of scientific text translation // Stereotype and creativity in the text: inter-university collection of papers / Perm State University. Perm, 2001. pp. 63-73. (In Russian)
11. Alexeeva L.M. Specificity of scientific translation / Perm State University. Perm, 2002. 132 p.
12. Alexeeva L.M, Mishlanova S.L. Medical discourse: theoretical foundations and principles of analysis / Perm State University. Perm, 2002. 200 p. (In Russian)
13. Alexeeva L.M. Metaphors we choose (a variant of individual conceptual system description) // To language with love: collection of papers devoted to E.S. Kubryakova. Moscow-Voronezh: Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Voronezh State University, 2002, pp. 288-298. (In Russian)
14. Alexeeva L.M. Science of Terminology and Philosophy // Stereotype and creativity in the text. Iss. 6. Collection of papers / Perm State University. Perm, 2003. pp. 16-31. (In Russian)
15. Alexeyeva L.M. Cognitive Approach to Scientific Translation // Technology Transfer in Multilingual Information Society. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference in Terminology, Vienna-Riga, 2003. pp. 13-20. (In English)
16. Alexeeva L.M. Anthropologism as a subject of scientific translation // Stereotype and creativity in the text: inter-university collection of papers / Perm State University. Perm, 2004. pp. 204-218. (In Russian)
17. Alexeeva L.M. What is a Term? // Russian Terminology Science (1992-2002). TermNet Press. Vienna. 2004. pp. 62-78. (In Russian)
18. Alexeeva L.M. Strategies of successful translation // Industry of translation and information support of external economic business activity: International Scientific and Practical Conference, 5-7 December, 2006, Perm State Technical University, Perm. pp. 8-12. (In Russian)
19. Alexeyeva L.M. Cognitive Approach to Terminology // «Modern Approaches to Terminology Theories and Applications». Bern, Berlin, Brusselles, Frankfurt am Main, NY, Oxford, Wein. 2006. pp. 25-34. (In English)
20. Alexeyeva L.M. Interaction between Terminology and Philosophy // The Theoretical Foundations of Terminology Comparison between Eastern Europe and Western Countries: Proceedings of the Colloquium held on 18 August 2003 in Surrey, Guildford, UK. Würzburg, Germany. 2006. pp. 9-19. (In English)
21. Alexeyeva L.M. Individual Term Creation // Essays on Lexicon, Lexicography, Terminology in Russian, American and Other Countries. Ed. By Olga Karpova and Faina Kartashkova. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2007. pp. 134-140. (In English)
22. Alexeeva L.M. Linguistic providence of P.A. Florensky // Philological Sciences: 5 /2007, Skopje: Institute of Macedonian Literature: Faculty of Philology “Blaže Koneski”, 2007. pp. 82-90. (In Macedonian)
23. Alexeeva L.M. Discursive space of translation // Natural and Virtual Discourse: cognitive, categorical and semiolinguistic aspects / Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference, 16-17 October, 2009, Tyumen. Tyumen State University Press, 2009. pp. 7-15. (In Russian)
24. Alexeeva L.M. Translation as reflection of activity // Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology. Iss. 1 (7), Perm State University. Perm, 2010. pp. 45-51. (In Russian)
25. Alexeeva L.M. Methods of written translation teaching // Perm University Herald. Russian and Foreign Philology. Iss. 2 (8), Perm State University. Perm, 2010. pp. 71-84. (In Russian)