Elena V. Erofeeva
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Philology
Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1987 – Leningrad State University, Faculty of Philology, Department of Structural and Applied Linguistics.
1993 – Post-graduate study, Saint-Petersburg State University, Department of Phonetics and Language Teaching Methods.
2006 – Doctorate Course Programme, Saint-Petersburg State University, Department of General Linguistics.
Аcademic Degrees and Titles
1993 – Candidate of Philology, Saint-Petersburg State University.
2006 – Doctor of Philology, Saint-Petersburg State University.
2004 – Reader.
2010 – Professor.
Stages of Professional Career
1987–1989 – Engineer, Scientific Production Association “Parma”.
1989–1995 – Assistant Lecturer, Russian Language Department, Faculty of Philology, Perm State Pedagogical Institute.
1995–1996 – Senior Lecturer, Russian Language Department, Faculty of Philology, Perm State Pedagogical Institute.
1995–1999 – Senior Lecturer, Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1999–2007 – Reader, Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2007 – present time – Professor, Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of the Dissertation Council D212.189.11 for Doctoral Dissertations, Perm State University, specialties 10.01.01 – “Russian Literature”, 10.02.01 – “Russian Language”, 10.02.19 – “Theory of Language”.
Member of Saint-Petersburg Linguistic Society.
Member of Perm Regional Branch of All-Russian Psycholinguistic Society.
Member of International Cоgnitive Science Society.
Research Project Management
1. 1995 – present time – Co-supervisor of Inter-university School of Sociolinguistics and Psycholinguistics.
2. 2002 – present time – Editor of the symposium book “Questions of Sociolinguistics and Psycholinguistics”.
3. 2002-2004 – Grant of Russian Foundation for Basic Research № 02-06-80223 “Language personality in situation of diglossia and bilingualism”.
Current Research Activities
Investigation of various aspects of urban oral speech from sociolinguistic point of view: phonetics, lexis, grammar and syntax. Statistic modelling of sociolinguistic phenomena: special and integrated sociolects, sociolect integration and differentiation processes. Investigation of mental lexicon social variation. Development of Social Language Differentiation Theory.
Investigation of Russian speech and Russian consciousness of the Perm Region bilingual people.
Development of the Perm Region oral spontaneous speech database including the speech of different social groups and bilingual people.
Investigation of the linguistic situation in Perm and the Perm Region as a result of social and cultural interaction. Development of Local Variation Theory of language existence forms and Regiolect Theory.
Total Number of Publications - 158
Scientific articles – 91.
Monographs – 2.
Chrestomathies – 3.
Study Guides – 8.
1. Erofeeva E.V. Experimental investigation of phonetics of regional variant of literary language: Study Guide / Perm State University. Perm, 1997. 140 p. (In Russian)
2. Erofeeva E.V., Shtern A.S. Phonetics of literary language and dialects in the Perm Region // Russian dialects of the Perm Region: Formation. Functioning. Development. Perm. Perm State University Press, 1998. pp. 31–133. (In Russian)
3. Erofeeva E.V. Social and psychological factors and linguistic variability of speech (phonetic level) // Bulletin of Russian Language Phonetic Fund: Oral speech texts. Proceedings of Scientific Symposium in Norway University Centre / ed. by R.F. Kasatkina. Saint-Petersburg; Bochum. 2000. № 7. pp. 93–103. (In Russian)
4. Erofeeva E.V. Towards the question of male and female speech phonetic characteristics // The Russian language today / ed. by L.P. Krysin. Russian Language University of the Russian Academy of Science. Moscow: Wordbook, 2000. Iss. 1. pp. 93–99. (In Russian)
5. Erofeeva E.V. Does language lie outside measures and numbers? Towards the question of probabilistic nature of sociolinguistic units // Language and speech activity. Saint-Petersburg, 2001. Vol. 4. Part 1. pp. 143–160. (In Russian)
6. Erofeeva E.V. The status of popular speech in the modern literary language // The Russian language today / ed. by L.P. Krysin. Russian Language University of the Russian Academy of Science. Iss. 2: Acute language processes of the late XXth century. Moscow: Wordbook, 2003. pp. 434–442. (In Russian)
7.Erofeeva E.V. Probabilistic structure of idioms: Sociolinguistic aspect. Perm: Perm State University Press, 2005. 320 p. (In Russian)
8. Erofeeva E.V. Interrelations of idioms in society and idiolect // The Russian language today / ed. by L.P. Krysin. Russian Language University of the Russian Academy of Science. Iss. 4: Language norm questions. Moscow: Wordbook, 2006. pp. 197–206. (In Russian)
9. Erofeeva E.V. Linguistic situation in a modern city and methods of its investigation // Perm University Herald: Russian and Foreign Philology / Perm State University. Perm, 2009. Iss. 5. pp. 16–23. (In Russian)
10. Erofeeva E.V. Differentiation and integration of sociolects // Perm University Herald: Russian and Foreign Philology / Perm State University. Perm, 2010. Iss. 5(11). pp. 39–47. (In Russian)