Tamara I. Erofeeva
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Philology
Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1959 – Perm State University, Faculty of Philology.
1972 – Post-graduate study, Leningrad State University.
1995 – Doctorate Course, Saint-Petersburg State University.
Аcademic Degrees and Titles
1973 – Candidate of Philology, Leningrad State University.
1995 – Doctor of Philology, Saint-Petersburg State University.
1982 – Reader.
1999 – Professor.
Stages of Professional Career
1977–1980 – Assistant Lecturer, Department of the Russian Language and General Linguistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1977–1980 – Senior Lecturer, Department of the Russian Language and General Linguistics, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1980–1982 – Deputy Dean of Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1982–1998 – Dean of Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
1980-1999 – Reader, Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics, Perm State University.
1996 – present time – Professor, Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics, Perm State University.
1997 – present time – Head of Department of General and Slavonic Linguistics, Perm State University.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Chairman of Dissertation Council D212.189.11 for Doctoral Dissertations, Perm State University, specialties 10.01.01 – “Russian Literature”, 10.02.01 – “Russian Language”, 10.02.19 – “Theory of Language”.
Research Project Management
1. 1995 – present time – Supervisor of Inter-university School of Sociolinguistics and Psycholinguistics.
2. 2001-2002 – Grant of Russian Foundation for Basic Research № 01-06-80098 “Analysis of Mass media text array to give the most complete description of formal features of this type of text and development of a computer programme for text archiving and processing to reveal by linguistic analysis the statistically valuable differences of super-large text arrays”.
3. 2001-2003 – Grant of Scientific and Technical Enterprise “The Universities of Russia” UR.10.01.017 “Speech of the Russian provinces: socio-ethno-cultural aspect”.
4. 2003-2005 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 03-04-00165а “Dynamics of linguistic situation in the region as an indicator of social stereotype changes”.
5. 2005-2006 – Grant of Russian Humanitarian Science Foundation № 05-04-82404 а/У “Sociocultural aspect in Perm provincial speech: history and modernity”.
6. 2006-2008 – Analytical Departmental Target Programme “Development of Russian High School Potential” “Urban speech sociolect modeling as an instrument of description of the linguistic situation in the region”. RNP.188.8.131.5211.
7. 2008-2010 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 08-04-00040 а “The Russian language in the changing language space of the early XXIst century city”.
8. 2007-2009 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 08-04-82406 а/U “Sociolinguistic glossary as a dictionary of social image”.
9. 2011-2013 – Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 11-04-00009а “Language subcultures in the system of urban culture”.
Participation in International Projects
Since 2003 – member of Editorial Board of the international symposium book “Philological notes” (Perm-Ljubljana-Skopje-Zagreb).
Current Research Activities
Since 1971 the scholars have carried out the intensive study of literary language and its local variation. The concept of localism is introduced, localism is considered to be a special linguistic category which is formed by literary language and dialect interaction. Local elements in the literary speech of the Perm Region are also studied in the aspect of speech norms and the Russian language teaching methodology.
Another acute problem is social structuration of speech. The new scientific branch, Modern Social Dialectology is being established, having its own subject – idiolect and sociolect. Sociolect is regarded as speech of an average person representing hisher own social group. The system of communicative means is determined by a group of social strata-factors (sex, age, education etc.). The concept of sociolect combines both a system (a code or a system of codes) and realisation (speech). The methodology of the sociolect analysis is being developed based on the statistic procedure ANOVA (analysis of variance). This methodology provides an integral approach towards urban speech research and the description of speech behaviour regularities in major and minor social groups.
The urban speech research is determined by the acute problems of Social Dialectology: norm, lexicon, individual speech production, etc. The urban speech research is also based on psychological components of speech (temperament, situation of communication etc.).
Academic and other Awards
1979 – Certificate of Honour of the Ministry of Higher Education for the work in Cuba.
1996 – Certificate of Honour of the State Higher Education Committee of the Russian Federation.
1997 – Certificate of Honour of the Perm Region for the great contribution into the higher education development in the Western Urals.
2002 – Honorary Scientist of the Russian Federation.
2003 – Meritorious Scientist of Russia.
Total Number of Publications
Scientific articles – 250.
Monographs – 5.
Study Guides – 8.
1. Erofeeva T.I. Local variation in literary conversational speech: Study Guide. Perm: Perm State University Press, 1979. 91 p. (In Russian)
2. Erofeeva T.I. Practices of urban speech analysis (areal, social and psychological aspects). Sverdlovsk: Ural University Press, 1991. 135 p. (In Russian)
3. Erofeeva E.V., Skitova F.L. Localisms in literary urban speech: Study Guide. Perm, 1992. 92 p. (In Russian)
4. Erofeeva T.I. Stratification analysis of urban speech by socio-bio-psychological parameters // Problems of Modern Theoretical and Synchronic Descriptive Linguistics: Semantics and Communication / ed. by L.V. Sakharny. Saint-Petersburg: Saint-Petersburg University Press, 1996. Iss. 4. pp. 190–199. (In Russian)
5. Erofeeva T.I. Minor social group as a subject of scientific research // The Russian language today / ed. by L.P. Krysin; Russian Language University of the Russian Academy of Science. Iss. 2: Acute linguistic processes of the late XXth century. Moscow: Wordbook, 2003. pp. 443–454. (In Russian)
6. Erofeeva T.I. Modern urban speech: monograph / Perm State University, The Kama Region Social Institute, The Kama Region Modern Social Classical College. Perm, 2004. 316 p. (In Russian)
7. Erofeeva T.I. Idiolect and sociolect as objects of Social Dialectology // Theoretical problems of linguistics: collection of papers to the 140th anniversary of Department of General Linguistics of Faculty of Philology. Saint-Petersburg State University. Saint-Petersburg, 2004. pp. 131–137. (In Russian)
8. Erofeeva T.I. Stratification analysis of urban language space // …word will echo: in the memory of A.S. Shtern and L.V. Sakharny / Perm State University. Perm, 2006. pp. 226–231. (In Russian)
9. Erofeeva T.I. Sociolect: stratification analysis: monograph / Perm State University. Perm, 2009. 240 p. (In Russian)
10. Erofeeva T.I. Touches to the portrait of the Kama Region: Study Guide / Perm State University, Perm, 2010. 192 p. (In Russian)