Anna A. Arustamova
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990, Russia
Perm State University
Faculty of Philology
Department of Russian Literature
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
1994 – Perm State University, Faculty of Philology.
1997 – Post-graduate Programme, Perm State University, Faculty of Philology, Department of Russian Literature.
2004-2007 – Doctoral Programme, A.I. Herzen erzen Russian State Pedagogical University (Saint-Petersburg), Faculty of Philology, Department of Russian Literature.
Аcademic Degrees and Titles:
1998 – Candidate of Philology, Ural State University.
2010 – Doctor of Philology, Perm State University.
2006 – Reader.
Stages of Professional Career
1996 – 1998 – Assistant Lecturer, Department of Russian Literature, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2000 – 2004 – Senior Lecturer, Department of Russian Literature, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2004 – 2011 – Reader, Department of Russian Literature, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
2011 – present time – Professor, Department of Russian Literature, Faculty of Philology, Perm State University.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Since 2002 – member of Society for American Culture Studying.
Since 2003 – member of European Association of Americanists.
Research Project Management
Grant of Russian Foundation for the Humanities № 08-04-15061 z (participation in the 6th International Conference of the Society for Multi-ethnic Studies of Europe and America).
Participation in International Projects
Since 2002 – member of the Society for American Culture Studying (Moscow), which is included into the European Association of Americanists; member of the International Society for Multi-ethnic Studies of Europe and America.
2007 – Oxford-Russia Fund Scholarship holder.
2009-2010 – participant of the Fulbright Programme (Washington, Kennan Institute).
2004 – Working according to the Fulbright Programme in Russia (7-year Fulbright School in Russia “Values, canons, prices: text as a means of cultural exchange”).
Participation in the sphere of education and science between Perm State University and universities of People’s Republic of China, Slovenia, Hungary, Macedonia, Israel etc. (foreign student education, editing of joint symposium books, professional development programmes).
Participation in international scientific conferences (the USA, Israel, the Netherlands, India etc.).
Reading courses at foreign universities.
Current Research Activities
Description of the regularities of the XIXth century literary process dynamics. Investigation of the problems of Russian and Western intercultural interaction: mechanisms of perception of European and American culture by Russian culture and literature of the XIX-XXth centuries in the aspect of social and philosophic ideas, forms of Russian-American dialogue, ways of creation, functioning and realisation of ideas about America in Russian consciousness and literature. Analysis of key works of Russian classical literature (A. Pushkin, N. Gogol, F. Dostoevsky, L. Tolstoy etc.), investigation of new and unknown authors (D. Begichev, P. Sumarokov, A. Veltman etc.), popular literature authors (K. Barantsevich, I. Potapenko, A. Amfiteatrov etc.) and regional literature. Investigation of Russian émigré literature of the first third of the XXth century.
Total Number of Publications – 85
Monographs – 2.
Study Guides – 1.
1. Arustamova A.A. Russian-American dialogue of the XIXth century: historical and literary aspect: monograph. – Perm, 2007. 394 p. (1st Edition). (In Russian)
2. Arustamova A.A. Russian-American dialogue of the XIXth century: historical and literary aspect: monograph. – Perm, 2008. 589 p. (2nd Edition, corrected and enlarged). (In Russian)
3. Arustamova A.A. Motive of departure to America in the Russian literature at the time of A.P. Chekhov (article) // Dialogues with Chekhov: 100 years later. Sofia, 2004. pp. 109 – 114. (In Russian)
4. Arustamova A.A. K.T. Khlebnikov about America (based on the “Notes from California”) // Writers of the Kama Region. Sketches of biography and creative works. Methodological materials for lessons. Iss. 1. Perm, 2004. pp. 13 – 18. (In Russian)
5. Arustamova A.A. America and Americans in P. Tverskoy’s book “Sketches of North American United States” // Russian-American relations: 300 years of collaboration. Saint-Petersburg, 2004. pp. 261 – 270. (In Russian)
6. Arustamova A.A. Theme of America in I.A. Goncharov’s novel “Frigate “Pallas”” // Pomorye University Herald. 2006. № 6. pp. 256 – 260. (In Russian)
7. Arustamova A.A. On certain American allusions in the Russian literature of the mid XIXth century // Chelyabinsk State University Herald. Philology. Study of Art. Iss. 15. 2007. pp. 9 – 14.(In Russian)
8. Arustamova A.A. Historical personalities of America (B. Franklin, G. Washington) in the Russian culture of the first half of the XIXth century: towards the problems of creation of the “Other” image // Russian-American relations – similar problems – different views: collection of papers. Saint-Petersburg, 2007. pp. 147 – 157. (In Russian)
9. Arustamova A.A. W. Penn’s image in A.I. Herzen’s works // Proceedings of A.I. Herzen Russian State Pedagogical University. 2007. № 9. pp. 79 – 84. (In Russian)
10. Arustamova A.A. Russian belletrist with American origin. A.L. Gillin: towards the history of literary activity // Nizhny Novgorod University Herald. 2008. № 5. pp. 286 – 291. (In Russian)
11. Arustamova A.A. K.T. Khlebnikov’s literary heritage in the context of Russian-American dialogue of the XIXth century // Proceedings of Ural State University. Series 2. The Humanities. 2009. № 1 / 2 (63). pp. 138 – 147. (In Russian)
12. Arustamova A.A. Travel to America or reception of the USA by Russian sketch literature of the last third of the XIXth century // Vyatka State Classical University Herald. 2009. № 1 (2). pp. 123 – 127. (In Russian)
13. Arustamova A.A. Russian America in the sea travelogues of the first third of the XIXth century // Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University Herald. 2009. № 3. pp. 184 – 188. (In Russian)