Tatyana P. Lyubimova
15 Bukireva Str., Perm 614990, Russian Federation
Perm State University
Faculty of Physics
Department of Theoretical Physics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State University, Faculty of Physics, Specialty: “Physics”, 1971
Post-graduate Study – Perm State University, 1980
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Physics and Mathematics, 1980, Tomsk State University
Senior Research Fellow,1986.
Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, 1995, Perm State University
Stages of Professional Career
Engineer, Polymer Physics Department, Ural Branch USSR Academy of Sciences, 1971-1976.
Junior Research Fellow, Polymer Physics Department (from 1981 Institute of Continuous Media Mechanics) Ural Branch USSR Academy of Sciences, 1976-1983.
Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Continuous Media Mechanics Ural Branch USSR Academy of Sciences (from 1991 Russian Academy of Sciences), 1983-1995.
Leading Research Fellow, ICMM UB RAS, 1995-2006.
Professor, Perm State University, 1997 – up to now.
Head of Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, ICMM UB RAS, 2002-up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Dissertation Council D 004.012.01 for “Mechanics of Liquids, Gas and Plasma” Specialty
Member of Academic Council of the Kama Water Basin Administration
Scientific Projects Management
1. Grant of RFBR 96-01-00932 for “Hydrodynamics of Dispersed Systems in High-Frequency Vibration Field”, 1996-1997.
2. Grant of RFBR 98-01-01012 for “Theoretical Study of Multiphase Systems Behaviour in Vibration Fields”, 1998-1999.
3. Grant of RFBR 01-01-00443 for "Non-Linear Dynamics of Heterogeneous Media under the Influence of Vibrations”, 2001-2002.
4. Grant of RFBR-ural 04-01-96066 for “Theoretical and Experimental Study of Parametric Mechanical Equilibrium Instability of Non-Uniformly Heated Liquid”, 2004-2006.
5. Grant of RFBR 04-01-00893 for “Theoretical Study of Equilibrium Stability and Flows of Multicomponent Mixtures in Various External Fields”, 2004-2006.
6. Grant RFBR 07-01-00695 for “Wave Structures Forming and Evolution on the Interface Surface in Vibration Fields”, 2007-2009.
7. Grant RFBR 10-01-00679 for “Convection in Stably Stratified Media”, 2010-2012.
8. Grant of RFBR-ural 10-01-96060 for “Numerical Modelling of Dilution and Transport of Highly Mineralized Brines in Water Objects Taking into Account Effects of Density Stratification”, 2010-2012.
Participation in International Projects
1. Grant of European Commissions Programme ITDC-203-82-165 for “Parallel Computing in Continuous Media Mechanics. ERA. NetRUS, 1995-1998, Co-Supervisor.
2. Grant of European Commissions’ INCO-COPERNICUS Programme 97-71-20-HPC-MFM-AC for “High Performance Computing in Multiphase System Mechanics: Active Control of Systems with Liquid-Liquid and Gas-Liquid Interfaces”, 1998-2001, Co-Supervisor.
3. Grant of INTAS, INTAS-2000-06-17 for ”New Control Methods for Hydrodynamic Systems with Interfaces. Application to Crystal Growth in Zero-Gravity and Terrestrial Conditions”, 2001-2003 Co-Supervisor.
4. Grant of RFBR–Taiwan NNS, 05-01-90556, RP05E40 “Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of Double-Diffusive Flow and Interface Morphology in Alloy Directional Solidification of under Angular Vibration”, 2005 – 2008.. Supervisor
5. French-Russian Network for Joint Research and Postgraduate Training under the Auspices of French Ministry for Education, 1994-2009, C0-Supervisor.
6. “Russian-French-German University” Programme Project for “Hydrodynamics of Complex Liquids. High-Performance Computing, Simulation and Process Control”, 2000-2003, Co-Supervisor.
7. Research and Education Centre for “Non-Equilibrium Transitions in Continuum” under the Programme of Basic Research and Higher Education, 2002-2010, Coordinator.
8. «Lorraine-Russie» Project within ARCUS (Actions en Regions de Cooperation Universitaire et Scientifique) Programme. Sections 6а «Vibrational Dynamics and Control” and 6b «Space Materials», 2006-2008, Co-Supervisor.
Current Research Activities
Study of stability of equilibrium and flows of one- and two-component non-uniformly heated fluids.
Study of equilibrium and supercritical convection mode stability in hydrodynamical systems with deformable interfaces.
Numerical study of developed, including three-dimensional, modes of laminar and turbulent convection in layers and closed cavities under various complicating factors.
Studying the effect of parameter modulation, vibrations, rotation and magnetic fields on stability of equilibrium and flows of multicomponent mixtures in layers and channels.
Study of gas-liquid and liquid-liquid interface dynamics in vibration fields.
Investigation of multiphase media behaviour under vibration.
Hydrodynamical problems in crystal growth: study of laminar and turbulent, thermal and solutal, gravitational and capillary convection in melts under various external effects, complex composition, deformability of free surface, instability of crystallization front for various patterns of crystal growth.
Study of admixture dispersion in free turbulent and filtration flows.
Elaboration of effective algorithms and software packages for numerical solution of Hydrodynamic and heat-mass transfer problems including algorithms for high-performance parallel calculations of three-dimensional problems.
Academic and other Awards
Winner of “Women of Perm 2002” Contest in “Queen of Science” Nomination
First Category Award from Perm Region Adminstraton in the Field of Science, 2010
Total Number of Publications
Research Articles – 281.
Monographs – 1.
Textbooks (Tutorials) – 5.
1. Lyubimov D.V., Lyubimova T.P. Cherepanov А.А. Dynamics of Interfaces in Vibration Fields. М.: Physmathylit, 2003. 216 p. (In Russian)
2. Lyubimova T.P. Convection of Non-Newtonian Fluids in Closed Vessels Heated from Below// Fluid Dynamics, 1974. Vol. 9, No. 2. pp.319-322. (In English)
3. Shliomis M.I., Lyubimov D.V., Lyubimova T.P. Ferrohydrodynamics: an Essay on the Development of Ideas// Chemical Engineering Communications. 1988. Vol.67. pp.275-290. (In English)
4. Lyubimova T., Caglio S., Gelfi C., Righetti P.G. and Rabilloud Th. Photopolymerization of Polyacrylamide Gels with Methylene Blue// Electrophoresis. 1993. Vol.14. pp. 40-50. (In English)
5. Lyubimov D.V., Lyubimova T.P., Meradji S., Roux B. Vibrational Control of Crystal Growth from Liquid Phase// J. Crystal Growth. 1997. Vol.180. pp. 648-659. (In English)
6. Lyubimov D., Lyubimova T., Vorobev A., Moitabi A., Zappoli B. Thermal Vibrational Convection in Near-Critical Fluids. Part I: Non-Uniform Heating// JFM. 2006. 564. 159-183. (In English)
7. Lyubimov Dmitry V., Lyubimova Tatyana P. and Shklyaev Sergey V. Behavior of a Droplet on an Oscillating Solid Plate// Phys. Fluids. 2006.18. 012101. (In English)
8. Shevtsova V., Melnikov D., Legros J.C., Yan Y., Saghir Z., Lyubimova T., Sedelnikov G., Roux B. Influence of Vibrations on Thermodiffusion in Binary Mixture: A Benchmark of Numerical Solutions// Phys. Fluids. 2007.19. 017111 (In English)
9. Lyubimova T.P., Parshakova Ya.N. T.P.Lyubimova, Ya.N.Parshakova. Stability of Equilibrium of a Double-Layer System with a Deformable Interface and a Prescribed Heat Flux on the External Boundaries. Fluid Dynamics, 2007, vol.42, N 5, pp.695-703. (In English)
10. Lyubimov Dmitry V., Shklyaev Sergey, Lyubimova Tatyana P., Zikanov Oleg. Instability of a Droplet Moving in a Brinkman Porous Medium. / Phys. Fluids. 2009. Vol. 21. 014105. 9 p. (In English)