Oleg B. Naimark
1 Akademika Koroleva, Perm 614013 Russian Federation, RAS UB Continuum Mechanics Institute
15 Bukireva, Perm 614990 Russian Federation, Perm State University, Faculty of Physics, Department of Solid Physics
Phone, Fax, e-mail
Date of Birth
Perm State Technical University, Faculty of “Aircraft Engines”, Specialty: “Dynamics and Strength of Machines”, 1973
Post-graduate Study – USSR AS ESC Polymer Physics Section, 1977
Academic Degrees and Titles
Candidate of Physics and Mathematics, 1977, Ural Polytechnical Institute
Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, 1988, USSR AS SB Institute of Strength Physics and Materials
Stages of Professional Career
Junior Research Fellow, RAS UB Continuum Mechanics Institute, 1977-1983.
Senior Research Fellow, RAS UB Continuum Mechanics Institute, 1983-1989.
Head of Laboratory, RAS UB Continuum Mechanics Institute, 1989 – up to now.
Professor, Perm State University, 1990 – up to now.
Membership in Academic Councils, other State and Public Associations
Member of Russian National Committee on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Member of RAS Academic Council on Mathematical Modelling
Member of RAS Academic Council on Strength Physics
Member of Editorial Boards of “European J. of Mechanics. A/Solid” and “Mechanics of Cohesive and Frictional Materials” International Journals
Research Projects Management
1. Supervisor of 14 RFBR Research Projects.
2. Supervisor of Two ISTC Projects.
3. Supervisor of 4 International RFBR Projects.
4. Supervisor of 5 RAS Projects.
5. Supervisor of 2 FTSTP Projects for “Study of Structural Scaling Transitions in Mesoscopic Systems with Defects and Failures under Intensive Loads”, 2006-2008.
Current Research Activities
Development of wide range constitutive equations for solids with defects, describing the regularities of collective multiscale defect behaviour in accordance with primarily fixed class of critical phenomena (Structural scaling Transitions), with reference to the description of perspective materials (metals, alloys, ceramics, including those with nano-structures) in wide range of load intensity.
Academic and other Awards
1st Grade Pozdeev Prize Winner in “Mechanics” Nomination, 2001.
Total Number of Publications
Research Articles – 170.
Monograph – 2.
Textbooks (Tutorials) – 2.
1. Naimark O.B. Defect Induced Transitions as Mechanisms of Plasticity and Failure in Multifield Continua(review paper)// Advances in Multifield Theories of Continua with Substructure/ Ed. G. Capriz and P. Mariano, Birkhäuser. Boston, 2004. P. 75-114. (In English)
2. Naimark O.B. Instabilities in Condensed Matter due to Defects// J. JETP Letters. 1998.Vol. 67, No.9. pp. 751-757. (In Russian)
3. Naimark O.B. Structural-Scaling Transitions and Localized Distortion Modes in the DNA Double Helix// Physical Mesomechanics. 2007. 10, 1-2. pp. 33-45. (In English)
4. Naimark O.B. Structural-Scaling Transitions and Self-Similar Features of Earthquake Development// Physical Mesomechanics. 2008.Vol.11, Nos..3-4. pp.190-204. (In English)
5. Naimark O.B., Bayandin Yu.V., Leontyev V.A., Panteleev I.A., Plekhov O.A. Structural-Scaling Transitions and Some Thermodynamic and Kinetic Effects in Materials in Spatial Submicro-(Nano-) Crystalline State// J. Phys. Mesomechanics. 2009.Vol.12, No.4. pp. 47-59. (In Russian)
6. Belyaev O.B., Naimark O.B. Localized Sharpened Structures in the Processes of Solid Fracture under Intensive Loads //J.USSR Reports of Academy of Sciences. 1990. No.2. pp.312. (In Russian)
7. Plekhov O., Saintier N., Palin-Luc T., Uvarov S. and Naimark O. Theoretical Analysis, Infrared and Structural Investigation of Energy Dissipation in Metals under Quasi-Static and Cyclic Loading // Materials Science and Engineering A. 2007. Vol. 462, No.1. pp. 367-370. (In English)