Cognitive Psychology of Emotional Phenomena
Brief Description of Research Activities
The object of the research is study of nature of emotional phenomena from the point of their cognition by a person. Various notions used by a person for emotional state categorization are defined. The necessity to systematize such a variety of emotional phenomena makes the researchers think that in the person’s mind these phenomena are represented as part of hisher emotional experience.
In that aspect great importance is paid to the investigation of participation of emotional experience in the problem of good health promotion and oncological disease prevention. Emotions and feelings experienced by a person, determined by particular events of his life, are trigger mechanisms of a disease. Thus, one of the main predictors of oncological recurrence among psychological resources in preventing recurrence of the disease is the content of the emotional experience of the patient which is to be analysed.
Selected Publications Characterising Scientific Research Trend
1. Bergfeld A.Yu., Levchenko E.V. Person’s perception of his own emotions and personality: is there any relation? // Personality. Creativity. Art. / edited by E.A. Malyanov, N.N. Zakharov, E.M. Berezina, L.Ya. Dorfman, V.M. Petrov, K.Martindail. Perm. Perm State Institute of Art and Culture, Perm Social Institute, 2002, p. 271-282. (In Russian)
2. Bergfeld A.Yu., Levchenko E.V. Cognitive strategies of emotion nature description // Ananiev Readings – 99: the 40th anniversary of the Industrial Laboratory Foundation in St. Petersburg University: Proceedings of Scientific Conference held on 26-28 October 1999 / Edited by A.A. Krylov. St. Petersburg University Press. 1999. p. 51-52. (In Russian)
3. Bergfeld A.Yu. Psychology of emotional phenomena perception // Annual edition of Russian Psychological Society: Proceedings of the IIIrd All-Russian Psychologist Congress held on 25-28 June 2003, vol 1., St. Petersburg University Press, 2003. p. 442. (In Russian)
4. Bergfeld A.Yu. Young Psychologist Concepts about emotional experience // Psychological cognition: acute problems: proceedings of International Scientific conference held on 27 November 2008 /edited by E.V. Levchenko, A. Yu. Bergfeld; Perm, PSU, 2008, p. 53-58. (In Russian)
5. Bergfeld A.Yu. Emotional Experience in the structure of students’ self-consciousness // Rusko-slovenski dnevi na Filozofski fakulteti Univerze v Ljubljani, maj 2009. Zbornik prispevkov/ Universa v Ljubljani, Filozofska fakulteta, 2009. – p. 111-114. (In Russian)
6. Bergeld A.Yu. Phenomenology of emotional phenomenon cognition // Perm University Herald. Series Psychology. Isuue 2 (28), 2009, p. 97-117. (In Russian)