Academic Reference and Cochrane Library will provide access to electronic resources for PSU students and staff. The subject of the Academic Reference resource covers all major disciplinary areas and divisions – from technical sciences to the humanities and arts. The Cochrane Library is aimed at scientists involved in medical research.
Academic Reference is the unified search platform of China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) project, publishing publishing Chinese research papers, and the most complete polythematic English-language database. The resource combines more than 1,400,000 full-text documents and bibliographic data, including:
- 250 English-language journals published in China and 162 bilingual journals;
- PhD, MA and MSci theses from leading Chinese universities: Tsinghua University, Wuhan University, Nanjing University, Fudan University, Zhejiang University, Peking University, Shanghai University, etc.;
- papers and data from international and Chinese conferences (national and regional ones);
- more than 700 books in English by leading global publishers, including Taylor & Francis, Cambridge University Press, ProQuest, PubMed, etc.;
- more than 13 million essays, reports and abstracts;
- English-Chinese glossary.
The Cochrane is a non-profit organization, a network of medical and public health researchers and professionals from over 130 countries who publish their works at the Cochrane Library.
The platform allows to find information on clinical trials, Cochrane reviews, non-Cochrane systematic reviews, methodological studies, technological and economic evaluations on a specific topic or disease.
For more information on the Cochrane Library resource, visit PSU Academic Library website. In addition, a series of webinars will be held with a representative of Wiley, who will explain more about the source itself and related capabilities:
24 August (Perm local time: 13.00; GMT: 8am) – https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3172736884275578124
24 August (Perm local time: 17.00; GMT: noon) – https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4669915479541635852
The Academic Reference и Cochrane Library platforms will be available until 31 December, 2022 – through IP-addresses and VPN access.
The corporate operator of the centralized (national) subscription to scientific information resources is the Russian Foundation for Basic Research.