PSU International Students Join Medical Volunteers
Medical volunteers chose Perm State University as a place to run a round table with international students. On 30 November, the activists and audience discussed opportunities of foreign students in volunteering, regarding it as an excellent chance to meet the local Russian culture.
As a movement, the Medical Volunteers are famous for collaborating with more than 1,700 medical, educational, public and other organizations throughout Russia. The movement follows the mission of reviving the charity tradition and assisting health care at works.
To put it simple, what do medical volunteers do?
- help at medical institutions;
- teach the rules of first aid;
- accompany sports and public events;
- get engaged in prevention of diseases;
- speak for and encourage blood and bone marrow donation;
- promote healthy lifestyle;
- carry out career guidance among schoolchildren.
The meeting at Perm State University ended with a motivational video about international medical volunteers, showing personal examples of how volunteering helped foreign students and served other’s inspiration. PSU students showed enthusiasm in running further projects in volunteering.
To remind, on 6-10 December, Perm Krai hosts Perm Forum of Public Activity and Volunteering, uniting educational institutions, non-profit organizations, social movements, public figures, business representatives, volunteers and all those involved, including active members of PSU community.
The All-Russian Public Movement of Medical Volunteers, started in 2013, is one of the largest voluntary healthcare organizations in Europe. With a support by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, it has more than 85 regional branches, uniting 86,000 people and providing aid for about 4 million Russians, annually.
Interested? Steps to Join Medical Volunteers
Eager to join the team and follow the Medical Volunteers mission?
1. Read the charter of the VOD “Medical Volunteers” in the document attached;
2. Make a decision to take responsibility for yourself, your team activity and beneficiaries;
3. Fill out the form following the link;
4. Register at: https://волонтеры-медики.рф/stat-volonterom/;
5. Also, register at a https://dobro.ru/, which serves unified info platform for building volunteer activity, nationally;
6. Let us know about your desire to become a volunteer by contacting our activist Ksenia Kurginyan: https://vk.com/kurginyasha;
7. Pass an interview and get your questions answered;
8. Do good deeds!